1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013 vintage rules

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by promod, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

just change the wording to all vintage v-4 and v-5 bikes......to clubman.....

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I race V5 and V6LW. I think it's a blast getting on two entirely different bikes the same day (FZR400 and RZ350) as long as they are Yamaha's!

3. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

Kawi H2 750 is not - class limit is 450cc 2-stroke air-cooled multis

RZ350 is limited to 396cc instead of 450cc as it is in most vintage classes

For the four strokes the Clubman limits:

Up to 600cc 4-stroke air-cooled 2 valve per cylinder multis
    Up to 570cc 4-stroke air-cooled 4 valve per cylinder multis

would prevent any of the pre 1983 V5 750s+ from entering Clubman.

I realize how hard it is to performance balance Clubman with the very wide range of equipment in there but there are really not any V3 bikes that would be competitive in Clubman now. Perhaps some of the big bore four stroke V5 bikes are too quick for Clubman - need more input from the people who know them well. I'm just looking for opportunities for the vintage bikes in the modern classes to keep them active. It would give some of the vintage group the ability to ride the double header weekends they are shut out of now.

4. Duck150

There no v-5 four stroke bike that will win cluman....what v-5 bike will run 39's and 40's at Barber?????????????

5. promod

promod Well-Known Member

rules

folks --look if v5 gets moved to clubman ,,i/m scr%&$ i/m going to use that day to travel home ,,got to be at work mon.... now you'll are trying to scare old stevo !!!! dam anybody got oldv1-or v2 for trade ???? i don't want to go back to cmra !!!(no vintage classes there) maybe i need to buy a boat--- OH HELL NO !!!!!! i'm going to lunch-humm burger and lots of beer,,no better not,,an airplane hey thats cool,,better not if motor blows can't just pull over on side of track,,,,,,,,,,now i'm all jacked up,,,s%$#-d%&$..does yamaha sell race cars ,,i need one...............................

6. Commander_Chaos

Commander_Chaos Hillbilly Genius

Mongo would give us anything we want if we had full grids.

7. hinshaw929

Nothing is being moved - V5 will still run on Saturday. We are talking about making V5 bikes eligible to enter Clubman on Sunday as well.

8. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I bet Cobb could make your Duc 750 go around Barber at under 1:40. Just sayin'....... ;)

9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

That's kind of why I went to two bikes for Saturday. Ended up that my Sunday's consisted of one race, and that was usually a late race.

Now I can do 4 practices and 2 races on Saturday, and I'm pleasantly whoopped after that.

(and if I get my old RD running, I'll make a third race!)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  10. hinshaw929

You just couldn't resist. :D

11. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Hell no I couldn't. Served up on a silver platter. :D

12. Duck150

All v-5 bikes should be eligible for clubman,more in the class and could be fun for more guys................

13. Duck150

And your pit bike Joe Joe.....

14. promod

promod Well-Known Member

rules

jim--thanks ,,i thought i was going to have to buy a bigger trailer,for a min. there,,im ok now whew that was close !!!!! vote mr. yamaha for president

15. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Yep, that's entirely possible. Springer did a 1:40.4 on the pushrod H-D 750 this fall.

16. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

the '77 CB750 i raced in ahrma this year

17. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

which race at Barber I was checking Mylaps and could not hone in on it. AHRMAS mylaps never are named by the CLASS of race- only Race number, its annoying.

18. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

yeah, their mylaps is very annoying. i crashed out in 1st lap on sat race 10. cold tires + guzzi oil not so good. lots of guys went down in it that race. that ended my weekend on it.

did 2 days of practice on it though. 1st day i had a session where springer and i were on our own for the entire session. passed each other a few times and it was a hoot. he ran a 40 flat on that XR this year in race 15. last year he ran a low 39 i think. talk about chatter....holy shit. he tried to pass me on the inside around T14. i almost shit myself thinking he was taking us both out. after the session we were laughing about it.

i had a little motor on him up top, but that XR has crazy torque.

19. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

Who CB where you riding?

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It would help me justify a lot to the boss but wouldn't really change much with specific class rules. My main job when it comes to those is to try and be as fair as passible for the class as a whole and the organization as a whole. I'm all for letting more bikes in Clubman so long as it won't hurt what the class currently is.