1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

04 636 brake problems, only happens at the track.

Discussion in 'Tech' started by marsolais, Mar 24, 2007.

1. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

:crackup: theres not enough room on the BBS for me to go back and pull all youre "infamous" posts and paste them here. Mongo or Big Dave might ban me. What a fuggin joke.

2. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Motul RF-600 brake fluid is a waste of money. the EBC fluid is the exact same stuff in the exact same bottle for cheaper.

3. marsolais

marsolais Banned

Cool thanks I will be swapping out the fluid next week.:up:

4. marsolais

marsolais Banned

Ya not to mention you were wrong also!:crackup: Oh and I love what the net says when you do a search for Georgia Sport bikes.

"Georgia Sportbike Association
    A club of over 100 sportbike riders from around the state of Georgia."

:crackup:
    Association? Association of what? Aren't you the Administrator? Dang gotta suck being the admin for the laughing stock of bike forums.:crackup:

But do you have any idea what might be over heating my brakes. Oh wait let me guess, the side stand switch! :crackup:

5. Cliff0529

Cliff0529 Well-Known Member

*sigh* :crackhead:

I can't believe you asked if your calipers were warped. :D Try switching to a racing brake fluid and take a gander at the pads while your doing it.

I'd almost be willing to bet that they're a little worn out too.

Either way, your ego is truly comical. :D A 2:18 at Hockenheim isn't something to go bragging all over the internet about, especially not on a 636. After checking the results of IDM Superbike, I found that there are people riding Hyosung 650's around Hockenheim in 1:44...so what makes you think that being 30 seconds of a Hyosungs times makes you the greatest thing since sliced bread? The IDM Supersport times are in the 1:31-1:37 range, FWIW.

Also, I've NEVER heard of anyone running Road Atlanta using the cut-out between T5 and T9. Everyone runs the full course there. :)

6. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Seriously, put down the shovel and stop digging. According to your post, you had a shop take your entire harness and put it on another bike. You may have eventually fixed the problem, but it cost an arm and a leg to do it. I would hardly call that a victory. All anyone was trying to do was help you debug it. If you had run the bike with and without the switch jumped, and the problem was still there, that would have meant that it wasn't the problem and you could cross it off the list. If it fixed the problem, you would have saved a bunch of money. That's how you debug stuff. Instead, you got fed all sorts of information from all sorts of people. You claim a secondary throttle servo fixed the problem, but I'm pretty sure the only servo on an 04 636 is in the stock exhaust and the throttle is cable actuated.

7. marsolais

marsolais Banned

Like I said I'm not the fastest guy out there and I'm on street tires with 100 bikes on the track. I'm sure it I was on race compound tires with only 29 other bikes I would be a little faster. Maybe 10 to 15 seconds. Maybe not. But I think my 2:18 isn't that bad. I'll post a vid of the group leaving the pit area on my myspace page if you don't believe me. By the time the first guy is turning on to the start finish straight the pit is still not empty. Now I don't care what you say, that is a shit load of traffic to work threw.

8. marsolais

marsolais Banned

I don't know why I am arguing this but I might help you understand where I am coming from.

I understand that a lot of GSB members were trying to help me and it was going good. I even said sorry for asking so many question but I was trying to trouble shot a bike problem in a place that I couldn't just drop off at a shop and say "Fix this" and then leave. The problem started when I ruled out a problem and people didn't believe me. Then it got ugly because I had to repeatedly state that I was overseas and could not just go to a shop.

But as far as the servo goes, if you look at the right side of the throttle bodies you see the servo. It's the thing that moves the butterflies when turn the bike on. That was messed up. A lot was lost in translation when I picked the bike but that is what happen.

Some of the GSB member were good guys but most were tools of middle aged guys that can't stand being wrong.

9. patracy

patracy I can change this????

I nominate Marsolass internet forum troll of the year!

:Pop: This is like an afternoon soap for me.

10. ToddClark

thats because we werent. you give dumbass'd, halfassed information, you get the type of answers we can give you. Its called "answers based on info given", and if you had given REAL and intelligent information, you might have had your problem solved without spending probably more than the damn bike was worth to fix.

It was definately one of the "best threads ever" on the board. People with 30+ years of experience attempting to solve your bike problems when you had no idea how to explain what was happening. Quite comical to say the least. :up:

11. marsolais

marsolais Banned

What's comical is the fact that I explained exactly what the bike was doing and all you 30+ year experience guys could only come up with a side stand switch!

Todd don't be mad that you were wrong about my bike problem, be mad because your site sucks! :Poke:

Oh and this is what I posted!

"OK I changed my oil about a week ago. I put in castrol full synthetic. I hadn't rode the bike with the new oil until I went to the track. On the way out to the track it seemed like it was running fine. I would roll on the throttle and it seemed like it was slipping a little. Well the bike ran fine at the track. Then on the way home I noticed that in second gear to bike would loose power and then take off again. Well it only did it like twice, so I didn't think anything of it. Well to day I took the bike out and it started doing it again. This time it was bad. I'd open the throttle and the bike would start to take off them BAM lose of power then BAM power would kick back in. It did this like 10 times in 2nd 3rd and 4th gear. I turned the bike around and headed home. Well it took me two minutes to get back on post. I decided to do a loop around the post to see if it was still having problems. Well it seemed like after the bike got warmed up it was running fine. I still didn't want to take any chances so I came back home and parked the bike. What I'm wondering is, Is this just a oil problem. Is my clutch slipping from the full synthetic oil or do I have gear box problems? Need help on this one!"

So I don't know but that doesn't sound like a half assed description.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  12. ToddClark

ahhhhhhh..........the fun is just getting started.........stay tuned folks, there will be some really good reading later. :)

13. patracy

The nutcase thinks GSB stinks because he says so. :lol: How many members is it up to?

I'm going to ask the boss if we can give marsolass an invite to "the other board". He'd find out quickly how uncivil people can be. LOL

14. patracy

Just something I snagged off the page...

Oh yeah Marsolass. Even I have been banned in the past from GSB, and wasn't always on the best terms. So if anyone here might have an unbiased oppinion. I'd have to say it'd be mine.

15. ToddClark

16. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

:crackup:
    What a troll!

17. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

He's the type of guy that would call the service dept & rev his engine, then ask the service writer whats wrong with his bike. What a TOOL!!!!:crackhead:

18. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

I find that if i just stick to using the rear brake all the time I never get fade in the fronts.

However, since i've had the front rotors cut out to reduce weight I may start using them again.

19. DaLions

DaLions Shot Calla

More time posting than riding, seems like

20. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

GSB sucks!!! :D

;)