1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

04 636 brake problems, only happens at the track.

Discussion in 'Tech' started by marsolais, Mar 24, 2007.

1. marsolais

marsolais Banned

Ok basicly my brakes are fadeing after about ten minutes at the track. I have upgraded the lines the pads the fluid and I had the rotors checked to make sure they're not warped. The only thing I can think of is the calipers.

So my question is this.

How the hell do I fix this. Can the calipers be warped? The brakes grab hard when they are fresh but after a while I find myself pulling the lever in further and further until it is all the way to the clip on. I have to pit and let them cool down before I can even head home.

2. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

Is the master cylinder over filled it should have a little expansion room in it for when the brakes get hot. Otherwise the pads will start to drag and over eat very quickly.

Check your lever adjustment and make sure it is not pushing the master cylinder plunger a little ar rest or not returning all the way to the rest position.

Might be something else I know there seems to be alot of people having trouble with the newer stock radial masters on the track. Do a search on "GSXR brake" it might give you some things to check.

3. the milk man

the milk man Well-Known Member

Sidestand switch???:confused:

4. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

:crackup: dammit Brad, you WENT there!!! :crackup:

5. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

oh, oh, oh, is the PC III connected? Try disconnecting it and see how it works. Just be sure to pay the shop $150 to fix your problem. :up:

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

LOL.... Heeeeeees Back.....

7. patracy

patracy I can change this????

Might want to replace the ECU.

8. afm199

afm199 Well-Known Member

Happens a lot. Try Motul brake fluid or another good race fluid not the stuff Kragen sells. Replace fluid three times a season at least.

I ended up with a Brembo MC to solve the problem.

9. the milk man

the milk man Well-Known Member

No that won't solve it. I believe he needs to have it put on the dyno to find the source of the problem:crackup:

10. marsolais

marsolais Banned

Don't be pissed because my dyno run shows my bike has more power then yours!

Attached Files:

11. AshTrey

AshTrey Well-Known Member

A bike with no brakes doesn't really count...

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

You will need all the Power you can get here dude....:crackhead:

13. marsolais

marsolais Banned

Tell me about it. But at least this place isn't like GSB. This place actually talks about bike stuff.:crackup:

Oh wait, aren't you a GSB guy?????:crackhead:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2007
  14. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Well, Mongo is a GSB guy, too, so guess that's gonna suck isn't it? And so far, with just a couple of exception, only GSB guys are replying to you. Ironic, ain't it? :crackup:

15. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

16. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

17. marsolais

marsolais Banned

What's truly ironic is you simple minded people still remember my bike problem and are still pissed off because you were wrong. And seeing we have gotten :Off: how about we get back on topic. But wait I bet the problem with by brakes over heating is my side stand switch!:crackup:

18. patracy

We were pissed off because WE were wrong? :crackup: OMG That has to be the absolute funniest thing I've EVER heard on the internet. It's simply amazing how far off base someone can be.

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

We're not at all pissed at you. You actually entertain us with your line of questioning and idiotic ideas. It's not that often we get a "racer" that lacks the competency to tackle the smallest of tasks. Especially one that absolutely feels the need to boast how fast he is, or how much faster his bike is.

I actually thought it a lot of your posts were funny. (even if they weren't intending to be) The only thing I thought you were stupid for was trying to take [Yes, taking a bike without going through the proper process is the same as stealing. But I'm certain you still won't listen about it] a abandoned bike.

But wait, wasn't that bike to be your new "race" bike? Wasn't it a Katana? How many wera racers here race Katanas? Wait, now I've boggled myself. Someone as fast as you, surely would know that a Katana doesn't lend itself well to being a race bike. But wait, I guess that goes back to the lack of competenecy. Or maybe it's simply I'm in the wrong. That racing licence you have said something about cruisers. I bet the let katanas race along with the cruisers. If that's the case, maybe you should pick it up and show those cruisers who's boss!

Come on, get with the program. Get a clue.

Signed, ROFLMFAO for being "pissed"

Drew

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  19. marsolais

marsolais Banned

Didn't you say my bike problem was the side stand switch? And I do believe you were wrong. So much for your "lack of competency" statement. But I don't expect much from you GSB guys. Now don't get me wrong most of the GSB members are great people that know what they are talking about. But the rest you them are childish that think they know everything and can't stand to be wrong. But hey my trouble shooting everything I could think of is your idea of "idiotic ideas" but then again your "idiotic idea" was wrong and that is why you won't let it go. You guys can stand to be wrong, and you think you know everything about bikes and how to fix them. But in my case you were wrong, plain and simple!

So it is a dead issue to me but you can't let it go. Still trying to save face on a website full of people who don't care. Oh wait you are so mad about being wrong you had to start this http://www.georgiasportbike.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43014&page=3&highlight=marsolais

I see the normal all knowing group chimmed in! But then a agian no of you guys are mods over hear. So faq it.

So all I got to say is great, I'm happy you feel the need to bring up an issue that is almost a year old. Maybe when you get over it we could go for a ride.:beer:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  20. patracy

:crackup: Oh ignorance is bliss I suppose.

Oh yeah Jimbo. Rode yesterday, rode the day before, going to ride here in just a few minutes. I ride about 1K a week.

Go ahead and save face while ya can. It won't take long for you to loose it here on your own. Racers know faux "Racers". No point in trying to help the ignorant who won't listen.

I do have to give you props though. I would have thought you'd certainly have crashed out by now. I don't know what the magic is you've got going for you. But keep it up. Besides, I don't want you to crash. You ride a kawaker. Now if you were on a suzuki....

Best of luck on life, future bike problems [warped calipers :crackup: ], and what fortunes lie ahead for you. I'll now resume sitting on the bench and laughing at the train wreck. Go head, I know you've got plenty to say. Mainly how wrong we are, and how you're so right.