1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

04 636 brake problems, only happens at the track.

Discussion in 'Tech' started by marsolais, Mar 24, 2007.

1. marsolais

marsolais Banned

Well put. I never bragged or said I'm the fastest guy out there. I just said my 2:18 isn't that bad for me. But maybe I'll see what I can do at RA when I get back. Maybe even better then 2:18's I hope.:up:

Oh and I'm done arguing about GSB. You know I don't like some of the guys online personalities and some of them don't like mine. They may be real cool guys in person but I won't know until I meet them. Maybe in 08 I'll see some of ya at the track. Until then best wishes and ride safe.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
  2. Cliff0529

Cliff0529 Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, OMG DUDE!!! So you're going to completely disassemble your brake system, let it sit, then reassemble it to try to fix your problem? :crackup:

Put the tools down, take out your checkbook, and take the bike to someone who knows what they're doing...please, before you hurt yourself.

Your just like Lever, only 10X worse. :D

3. AshTrey

AshTrey Well-Known Member

Yeah right...:rolleyes:

4. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Really, there is no need to do that. You don't need any type of vacuum. Brakes really aren't that hard to work on or understand, but if they are done wrong, things can go badly very fast and painfully. There is no need to take apart the system, and letting it sit will just let things start to corrode. All you need is a bottle of new brake fluid and a wrench to open and close your bleeder valves. Look here, it's on the same page. If you aren't entirely clear on what to do, go to a shop and ask them to change your brake fluid. It wont hurt to ask them to look at the pads as well.

5. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

How did I not see this thread earlier? :Pop:

6. UGAR-6

UGAR-6 Well-Known Member

"When you find yourself in a hole, put down the shovel"! I've never had any problems with you so I won't flame away but I must take up for some of the GSB members. Todd was the first person to offer me help with my bike, at no charge, just wanted apprectiation. Guess what, I didn't know him for shat at that time. Now, I've bought, actually my wife bought, a bike from him that is totally mechanically sound and I still call him for advice. JKHonea offered to help me before I knew him personally, now him and his wife go out to events and dinner with my wife and myself. Ltyson still helps me with my bike and riding. Speaking of which, the Mighty Vac is what we've used to change my brake fluid several times and I have yet to see brake fade. Your path of least resistance would be to change the fluid and go through several bottle of DOT 4 to make sure you don't have air in the lines somewhere. If your rotors were warped, you'd damn sure mostly likely notice that. If that doesn't fix your problem, talk to a professional. As for GSB and what I saw in posts, the two people who were arguing the most about your "problem" are no longer, and haven't been for a long time, members of GSB. As for banning, yes some people have been banned over there and found out the grass is not always greener on the other side but they were welcomed back to our little family with "open arms". Just be careful coming on this board flaming when there are members of GSB and people who ride, race with members of GSB here. No offense, just trying to offer some beneficial advise to save you aggravation.

7. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

8. marsolais

marsolais Banned

Ya I know how the brakes work. I have changed the lines, pads and the fluid. I am running Motul DOT 5 with HH pads. I will look at the pads and get some brake cleaner while I'm at it.

Thanks for the link.

9. marsolais

marsolais Banned

No offence taken man. :beer:

10. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

Why are you running a DOT 5?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And did you mix the 5 with the stock 4?

12. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Because it's 5. Heck don't you know that 5 is better than 4? It a bigger number so it must be better, right?

13. DaLions

DaLions Shot Calla

:crackup:

14. ToddClark

:crackup: on a system thats designed for DOT 4.

15. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Hey this is the tech forum...no bullshitting. :)

16. TuesdayHugh

TuesdayHugh Four Day Weekend Dude

F*** NO!!!! NOT YET!!!! He's funny.

17. patracy

patracy I can change this????

Hey marsolass. If you mixed DOT 5 and DOT 4 brake fluid. You've made a mistake. But I'm certain you'll post up you didn't. Then proceed to flush the system, refill it with all one type of fluid. Then post up people to PM you for the answer.

:Pop: And so continues the days of our lives.

18. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I think actually mixing those two can be a deadly mistake as DOT5 used in DOT4 system will rot out some internals. I think. Or is it using silicone?

19. patracy

patracy I can change this????

Yep, it'll screw up the system. DOT5 is silicone based.

20. ToddClark

yep, if the system is designed for DOT 4, you canNOT use dot 5 in it. but, you'd think this nimrod......................naaaaa, i aint gonna go there. figure it out for your fuggin self.