1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trailer Organization Ideas

Discussion in 'General' started by fonz82, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Is there adhesive under the coin flooring to keep it in place?

2. fonz82

fonz82 Well-Known Member

If I had to guess I dont believe so. this is based after going to lowes and looking at the tile. the one they had there was flexi-tile, i think and all you do is lay it down and fix it in place.

Question: has anyone put some kind of water-resistant varnish or something on there trailer floors to resist moisture?

just curious.

3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

i undercoat my trailers...keeps the road mist from soakin' in.
    i painted the floor of my first trailer with deck paint. the current trailer, i laid some hardwood patterned linoleum and carpet...held in place by strategically placed e-track.

4. UberRacing

UberRacing Well-Known Member

I had mine sprayed with LineX at the same time my truck bed was sprayed. I'll take a pic and post it, but going on four years now no issues.

5. fonz82

fonz82 Well-Known Member

What did you use and how was it applied? (referring to the undercoat) Any problems so far? thx

6. SPDKLZ

SPDKLZ Well-Known Member

I used industrial type paint for my floor. Home Depot has little bags of stuff called "texture" that they can mix into any kind of paint you want. I have that mixed in and it works great. Similar to rhino-lining, but cheaper and you can use any color you want. I have loaded bikes in the pouring rain and never had issues. Paint is also a sealer type, so getting the floor wet is no big deal. The texture does make it more difficult to clean, but a mop still works.
    By the way, it just paints on like regular paint.

Lots of great ideas here. My trailer is basic, but I will be spending a few days adding many of these ideas. I have a 6x14 V nose and just ordered pit bull retraints, so I am already starting off by getting rid of teh straps. Can't wait to go shopping!!

7. SPDKLZ

SPDKLZ Well-Known Member

Is the gladiator stuff only found at Sears? I saw something at Home Depot online that looks very similar.

For those using Gladiator...which hooks exactly do you use for the stands on the walls, for helmets, etc? I tried ordering online, but can not find good pics to see exactly what I am ordering. Or is it better to wait and go to my local Sears to buy the products?

When I get home from Iraq I will have two days to set up my trailer before my first track day, so I am trying to get it all set up and have everything waiting on me when I arrive so I piece the trailer together right away.

8. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Gladiator stuff is at Lowes. Use the vertical bike hook for the stands.

9. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Do those vertical bike hooks bend both ways? The ones I found all bend one way.

10. bigkaley

bigkaley Well-Known Member

The vertical bike hooks are both open on the right side. Using 2 of the hooks spaced apart, slide the stand from right to left to get the stand to "hook" into them. By the way, I have Pit-Bull stands, so you may have to see if it will fit with other stand designs. Go back up a couple of posts and look for one of the pics under my name. Again, I would suggest to also run a screw through the vertical bike hook and into the track.

11. bigkaley

bigkaley Well-Known Member

One of the Gladiator soft baskets (about $20) will hold 1 helmet, a pair of boots, and your gloves, and allow everything to "vent" after a day at the track.:up:

12. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

thanks, hard to see on my little screen. i have pit bulls also.

13. Carnage R1

Carnage R1 Well-Known Member

My trailer is a 7x16 includes the Vnose.

No adhesive under the coin flooring, just dropped it. I might lay some glue under it because when its hot out, it likes to spread.

The speakers were bought at Walmart. Paid $60 and it came with a dvd player with 5 speakers and a sub. The DVD player has a Aux in, dvd, audion in.

The TV bought a walmart its HD paid $180 and has a PC outlet also. I hook up my race videos from the track on the tv and play it for people, browse the web, do dual screens etc.....

I need to buy an extra pitbull restraint system.

14. fonz82

fonz82 Well-Known Member

NIce! what i was looking at is what you put on your walls? (how it was applied to walls, glue, staples, etc.) They look like indoor/outdoor carpet? It seems like the same stuff some speaker boxes (i.e subwoofers) are covered in.

15. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I'm prepping my new 6X12 V-nose. I insulated the roof with foil backed styrofoam insulation that I got from Lowes. The roof will be covered with 5mm smooth plywood painted white. I primed the walls with kilnz, then painted with exterior semi-gloss white paint. The floor and ramp I painted with scuff and skid resistant grey floor paint from Wally world. Gladiator stuff is going up on the side for the pitbul stands and I built a shelf/workbench in the V-nose 40" off the floor. I bought a 30amp RV power inlet box from Lowes which will get power from my Kipor 3000. Wiring will be one outlet with two lines branching out to switched flourescent lights.I have a Sharp portable AC unit.
    (10,000 btu) which is going under the workbench and I'm building a wooden hinged cot which I'll use with an air mattress. A lot of time but wants it's done I'll be happy and comfy at the track. pics to follow soon....

16. ballsack

ballsack Well-Known Member

Pictures are worth a thousand words...pretty close to what you just typed.
    :D

17. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

18. jeffo61j

jeffo61j New Member

I picked up my trailer 2 weeks ago and have installed:
    1. The floor
    2. The Pit Posse cabinet
    3. The kart tire rack
    4. The spare tire mount.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hooks along the walls, and D-Rings on the floor are next on the to-do list.

Thr Pit Posse stuff is really priced right, and is even cheaper when purchased on Amazon. My frame rails are 24" apart, and the Pit Posse cabinet was not going to make it, so I installed some 26" wood into the studs, and then mounted the Cabinet on to the wood. It's not going anywhere! The floor cost me around $140 ($180 with trim), and 2 days of work! The floor was Armstrong Vinyl tile that was manually glued. We have a store in Buffalo called Mr 2nd's Bargain outlet that has the peel and stick 16" X 24" grey vinyl diamond plate available. It was still a little pricy, which led us to go with the glue on tiles. I appreciate everyone that has posted on here. I did not even know that Pit Posse existed until I started going on this board. There are some really good ideas here! :clap:

19. RENCRN8

RENCRN8 Fornicate Sailor Jerry

Bill
    Your trailer would look really good set up like this. :Poke:
    [​IMG]

20. ki_soarer

ki_soarer Member

here is my 7x12 i picked up a few weeks ago. im still workin on it. I want to put a workbench and cabinets in the front "v" section and install a radio and speakers. any help with wiring ideas is appreciated. lol. lots of great looking trailers on here.

[​IMG]

this is what it looked like when i got it...

[​IMG]