1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trailer Organization Ideas

Discussion in 'General' started by fonz82, Mar 13, 2010.

1. fonz82

fonz82 Well-Known Member

Starting to get ready for this season. Temps are warming up and looking forward to this season. :up:

I was looking for pics and advice on trailer organization. There were several i found on here from last year, but I was curious as to how ya'll have set up your trailers for bike/tool/etc transport. Thinking of getting some cabinets (dont know which ones), maybe some shelves, etc.

Would anyone post pics of the interior of their race trailers.

Thanks

2. Vitamin-E

Vitamin-E cornerin lo in the 3-1-fo

3. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

What size trailer, how many bikes?

4. random hero

random hero Banned

Best thing I've done to orginize my trailer is using strapless transport stands... Makes like much easier, and you can cram things in/around the motorcycles. Best $$ I spent on my trailer

5. olgoodf3

olgoodf3 'Merica

+1 on the strapless.

Beyond that, some basic shelves are nice in the front of the trailer. Also a few "eye hooks" up higher so that you can secure things to the wall.

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

saw someone use a shoebag on the trailer door. Had like 20 clear pockets you can get at small stuff real easy.

7. RENCRN8

RENCRN8 Fornicate Sailor Jerry

Well I believe he is trying to organize a 6 x 12 enclosed trailer and already has a strapless stand so he is on the right road.

I vote for some hangers for leathers and some anchors on the walls to strap awnings etcc. The more you can keep all your stuff standing up along the walls the better....

8. Southpaw

Southpaw Well-Known Member

9. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

+1
    I have been using a shoe bag since I saw it at the track. great for holding cans of lube, cleaner, gloves, etc.

great shelf space saver, and it does not have to go on a door

10. fonz82

fonz82 Well-Known Member

trailer org

Nick's got the idea :up: 6 x 12, 1-2 bikes, typical gear/tools.

I have an idea on what I want to do, but would like to see some pics of racer's trailers on the different ways people secure/organize things.

right now i'm getting ideas to hopefully start building/installing items.

Some ideas so far,
    1-2 cabinets up front mounted high, so i could roll my toolbox underneath
    spare tire holder (fabricated or buy)
    collapsable wheel rack for spare tires/wheels
    2-3 shelves to secure helmets, fan, fluids, etc
    MC stands holders/mounts: on the wall to hang my MC stands (fabricate or buy the ?? brand)
    brackets to hold my table against wall
    brackets/bolts to affix my EZ up against wall
    place to secure my chairs

Since there are no races anywhere around here anytime soon (so i could walk and view different set ups), pics on here would help alot

thanks

11. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Cram all the shit in and slam the door shut.

DmanSlam likes this.
  12. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

I put Gladiator tracks (from Lowes) in my garage and love them.

13. darkside879

darkside879 Well-Known Member

I have been looking at those for hanging stuff in my trailer. Would they work well?

14. cdog

cdog Active Member

15. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I've been looking at the gladiator stuff too, got any images of how you set it up?

16. dexter69

dexter69 Well-Known Member

17. bigkaley

bigkaley Well-Known Member

I also have that stuff in the trailer. It works great!!

The mesh baskets work great for holding helmets/ boots/ gloves and letting them "vent" after the weekend of riding. 2 of the Vertical Bike hooks are perfect for holding a Pitbull stand. Some of the other various hooks hold stuff like tires, hoses/ cords, and the small hooks are ideal for leathers that are on a hanger. I even scored one of the cabinets on the cheap from Sears on closeout for a dent on the top!

If no one else gets to it first, I should be able to post some pics tomorrow. (at work today)

18. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks, I was looking at it again today at Lowes, went in to order some hickory hardwood flooring and ended up sitting in front of the gladiator stuff trying to imagine how to set it up. :)

19. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

etrack from etrailer.com, put a ton of it in from the get-go and you have endless possibilities tieing stuff down. If you try something one way and don't like it, change it the next time until you find what you like... super simple.

20. fonz82

fonz82 Well-Known Member

so has anyone used or is using the gladiator and/or the rubbermaid tracks in the trailer. Looking for pros/cons and possibly pics of uses?