1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trailer Organization Ideas

Discussion in 'General' started by fonz82, Mar 13, 2010.

1. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

jez all of this is nice....
    With my city sized driveway and low overhead clearance (deck above driveway) I will be picking up a small 5x8 /10 V-nose soon. Since it will serve as my track sleeper this thread is on point for ideas...especialy BigKaleys home made Beds n Futons.

[Thread is subscribed]

2. Former

Former Well-Known Member

That is one of the cleanest, well organized/designed trailer! :up:

How big is your trailer? And what kind?

3. diggy

diggy Well-Known Member

14' Universal Trailer. RB components did all of the interior work. Just have to figure out how to put a fueling station on it!

4. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

I've found some ideas on this website. Most of them are smaller cargo trailers converted for camping but a few ideas would work well with concessions made for bikes/racing gear. A few are really impressive.
    http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=42

5. metalkid88

metalkid88 Well-Known Member

the best thing i put in my trailer was this put etrack on both sides of walls get the clips that accept a 2x4 and make a shelf to fit over the bikes but can also be pulled out too made so much extra room getting all the extra shit off the floor. also i went to home depot and got these rubbermaid tracks for like a garden house and mounted that for the spare rims.

ill get some pics of my setup. its pretty well put together and gives me a lot of extra room

6. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Any chance of getting some pics of how that is wired, or maybe a schematic? I'm getting ready to start converting a 6x10 into a hauler/track sleeping quarters unit and I like this idea.

I'm far from good at electrical stuff, but I have a couple buddies that are... I'd like to point them in this direction.

7. diggy

diggy Well-Known Member

I could draw up a schematic, but its all really simple. I got all my info from kkesler in a separate trailer setup thread. Anyway, I have a marinco on board charger inlet that is connected to a Guest marine 2 battery 6 amp charger via a two slot sub panel (15a breakers each). The charger is hooked up to the two deep cycle batteries by way of one breaker, the second breaker hooks up to a standard outlet on the underside of the cabinet to run any higher current (coffee maker, etc) stuff only when the generator is on and running. I have a sunsei 22w panel that hooks up to a battery via its own charger. A single 12v line is run inside of one of the steel tubes of the trailer to a switch on the wall next to the side door. From the switch a single 12v+ line runs to the 1st 12v dual tube fluorescent light, the others are run in series. The current draw on the lights is so low that the ground is made up at the fixture into each steel tube that it is mounted to. For powering the fridge, I got a 400w inverter running off the batteries that sits on top of the battery box. Make sure to use heavy gauge wire and make it a short as possible run from the batteries to the inverter, current draw will be high at 12v. From the inverter, run a standard extension cord, current will be much lower at 110v. I use an non-compressor electric mini fridge. With two batteries I can run fridge and lights for about 20hrs before the batteries are dead. Hope this helps. Last thing, if you ever hook up two batteries together, make sure that they have the same level of charge. I got lucky and didn't take it into account. If one is discharged, the other will try to charge it FAST.

8. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I'm not done yet. I will email you pics when I get done with it. All that work was done in 10 degree weather so we could get it ready for Jennings in Feb. No that it is warming up I will be able to do the electic and some other things. Thanks fo rall the tips Jeff! :up:

9. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Just FYI guys the flooring on the pics I posted is

Allure Waterproof Commercial Grade Garage Flooring with diamond plate look.

10. fonz82

fonz82 Well-Known Member

diggy what kind of flooring do you have? cost/sq ft? the area covered?
    I also wanted to see if anyone here has tried the sprayed on "rhino lining" like flooring?

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I did the epoxy garage floor coating with the plastic chips for traction in my trailer. It looks great and fairly durable.

12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That's a great idea!!!:up::up::up:

13. fonz82

fonz82 Well-Known Member

Any particular brand to stay away from? I'm assuming just going to the local hardware store to pick up some. Got any pics?

14. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

a counter is always nice to put a tool box on,i removed the drawers and bolted it to the counter, if your trailer is large enough build a wall and put a room in the front to relax in i had a overhang in my cube van so i had a bed up there, cd changer speakers, dvd player pressure washer, generator everything was wired. i bought those white wire hanging things for the walls to hold cans of carb clean, brake clean, window cleaner for quick access, also the walls were all a type of dry erase board i bought in 4x8 sheets and bought a molding for the seams, that way you can write notes on the wall race order, any maintenance you were going to finish, or do not start bike no air filter whatever, it was handy. brooms had the wall clips so they were out of the way, you can organize everything so its not in your way

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. KILLA1

KILLA1 Orange Suzuki = MY HERO

as long as you fixed that leak sucka:Poke:

16. canezach

canezach Well-Known Member

Holy crap! Some of your trailers are NIIICCCEEE!!! All I have is a crappy 4x8 flatbed with panels and a Chevy Blazer lol

17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I just bought the stuff from Lowes. As mentioned earlier, a coat or 2 of primer might be a good idea first. I also work out of my trailer, but I might have a pic next week....trailer is on the job and full of tools.

18. Carnage R1

Carnage R1 Well-Known Member

My trailer setup, took the pics yesterday when I was leaving CMP.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. diggy

diggy Well-Known Member

The flooring is called vinyl coin flooring. Cleans up really good and doesn't get really slippery. I use rhino lining in one of our mobile workshop containers and it is really good. With its texture, its hard to get it clean, always some dust left in the texture. Heavy duty though.

20. fonz82

fonz82 Well-Known Member

looks like that holds up really well adn isnt slippry. Guess I'll look into that flooring.

There are some good ideas out here. Just got a preliminary list together to get a budget.

Carnage, good looking trailer. Is it 12' or 14'? Where did you get the 'speaker box' covering on the walls? stereo place?