1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trailer Organization Ideas

Discussion in 'General' started by fonz82, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I've been eyeing the white vinyl sheets at Lowes. I thought that is what you might have installed.

2. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I'd like to use those too, but they can be very hard to work with. They are very sensitive to tear out, even when using a fine tooth blade and taping the cut, etc. It's fine if the cuts are covered by trim, but it could be hell trying to have a nice looking ceiling at the joints using that stuff.

3. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

I would stay away from the diamond plate in big pieces inside the trailer. I saw a guy parked at Advance Auto once with the trailer door down working on something inside. The whole inside of the trailer was diamond plate and it was blinding to look at.

4. Never thought of that :up:

5. Now that is an excellent idea. :up:

This thread is great. :clap:

6. Scotty87

Yeah, you're probably right. It's cost prohibitive for what I'm trying to accomplish anyway. Just thought it would look cool on the inside of the doors.

7. fonz82

fonz82 Well-Known Member

Try an RV repair/dealer shop. they usually deal w/ that thin of a sheet.

8. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Gotta give a shout to bigkaley. I stole must of his ideas!

9. scorpion9r

scorpion9r The Irish Puerto Rican

I stopped by my local Harbor Freight and they didn't sell them..they had no idea what I was talking about even after I showed them a picture....

10. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

here is the inside of my 8 x 24' V-nose.

looking from vnose to back of trailer. Where the green carpet is, is where the golf cart gets strapped down
    [​IMG]

Looking from the back of the trailer towards the v-nose
    [​IMG]

Left side, looking from the back. pic of the spare tire mounted to the wall barely makes the pic, then the ez up is strapped to the wall via e-track, and big sturdy hooks to hold all the extension cords.
    [​IMG]

right wall, below cabinets i made the holders for my spare wheels out of 3/4" rigid conduit and floor flanges mounted to the wall with thick foam rubber insulation over the pipe.
    [​IMG]

close up of the v-nose. I custom built the counter and base cabinets, leaving me a spot to put the refrigerator.
    [​IMG]

All the cabinets were purchased from Lowes. I bought a 6 circuit Square D panel and installed it on the wall up by the microwave. Its a 30amp service with a recessed 30A twistlock plug in from the outside. I installed 2 outlets above the counter on dedicated breakers (one for the microwave, one for the coffee pot) and one dedicated outlet under the counter for the fridge. There are 2 outlets along the right side wall for misc. BS, including a 32" flat panel TV. When i had the walls off to insulate and run all the wiring, i also ran a coax from where the power comes into the trailer over to where the TV is mounted to be able to hook up my sat. dish. Mounted a rooftop A/C unit along with the above counter fluorescent light and fluorescent lighting down the center of the trailer as well.

This is my home away from home, as well as my doghouse when the wife gets pissy, its my retreat to peace and quiet.

11. Scotty87

Wow, that is a nice trailer. I just got done insulating mine and installed new plywood on the walls and luan on the ceiling. Im building some cabinets up front but they're real basic, just painted 7/16 sanded plywood. It's just a non v-nose 6x12 so I'm not going real crazy with it. Got a linoleum remnant for the floor and some indoor/outdoor carpet for the walls. Should be nice enough for me untill I have the room for a nice 7x14 v-nose.

12. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

A golf cart, are you friggin serious! I was excited when I got an old POS Ruckus for a pit bike...

nice rig!

13. T-Roc

T-Roc Well-Known Member

Does anyone have pictures of a trailer with the 2 part epoxy garage floor stuff on their trailer floor. Also do you need to do anything special since it is going on wood instead of concrete.

14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yes, I used the stuff from Lowes. It has held up pretty well. Someone mentioned that I should have primered the wood first for long term durability, probably would help. I even added a little decorative checkered finish line, simple to do. It has good traction up a wet ramp...and cleanup is easy.

Attached Files:

• 041.JPG
      041.JPG
      File size:
      68 KB
      Views:
    • 042.JPG
      042.JPG
      File size:
      67.2 KB
      Views:
  15. bloodso

bloodso Well-Known Member

I don't know why, but it's not on their regular web site. Here's a link some e-track part numbers http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/itemdisplay/displayItemList.do?search.keyword=e-track&submit=find+it. You could call and ask if they have or can get those part numbers. The 5' track is around $10 at my local harbor freight. The quality of it looks pretty good.

16. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

they have small molding that the panels fit into it on each side, just use the right blade to cut it with and with the molding it will look good, i used those dished washers on all the drywall screws that held it in place

17. T-Roc

T-Roc Well-Known Member

can you mount d rings for the tie downs anywhere on the floor or do they need to be on the studs?

18. Brian M

Brian M Well-Known Member

I have put them anywhere, but I put a 1/8" thick stainless plate on the under side, access to a laser is nice.

A local trailer company made their own tie down plates. Steel rectangle about 1/8" thick with a hole and 1/2" nut welded to the center. 2 additional holes with 7/16" nuts welded to either side. The plates are mounted under the trailer floor. Drill 3 holes through the floor, the 7/16" bolts (I used button SHCS) hold the plate in place, screw a 1/2" eye bolt (I prefer forged - use closed eyes so they do not open up) into the plate from inside the trailer, connect tie downs to the eye bolts. Remove when not needed. If not used I put button SHCS in the 1/2" holes to keep any water out while driving, probably not needed but did it any way.

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

The d-rings are the same thickness as the 3/4" plywood floor. I mounted a few extra d-rings in my trailer with a 20"x20" 3/4" plywood piece under the floor with the d-ring bolts mounted through both floors. It's very secure. The factory d-rings do have a metal plate though.

20. 1literduceater

1literduceater Well-Known Member

Sounds exactly like what I am doing!