1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taking about gas grills

Discussion in 'General' started by tito, May 26, 2014.

1. tito

tito Well-Known Member

So it is time for a new grill. Do I spend the extra on infrared burners or go with tradional?
    Does brand name mean much? I know webber is the leader in grilling but man are they expensive.
    Looking at a grill pro grill at menards, or a couple of carbroil grill at lowes. In the 299range. What does the beeb say?

Oh and for all you "skip gas and go with charcoal". Guys. I have one of those too, but gas is quick and easy.

2. IR is great if you can swing it, I have a Webber gas and its great for the days when you don't have time foe charcol.

3. I went through several brands of gas grills over a couple of years, and they all sucked. finally bought a Weber. I've had it 11 years now, and it still works just as well as it did when new.

4. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Spend the money and get the Weber. The others are disposable, the Weber will last.

5. Last edited: May 26, 2014
  6. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

This - the Kenmore grills were pretty good as well. I had a Kenmore Elite that lasted more than 10 years with multiple burner and grid replacements. These things are not impervious to dog piss, so if you have a male dog, you may want to encourage him not to hike a leg on the grill.

7. Sundaydisco

Sundaydisco Crooks Racing

Big Green Egg. They are quick and easy too.

dickie doo likes this.
  8. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

:stupid:

Cooked three slabs of ribs yesteday, temp stable the whole time. Pulled them off and grilled some sweet potatos and corn on the cob. Closed it up and when I cleaned it up this morning I noticed there was enough charcoal in there to do another set of ribs.

9. sbhockey

sbhockey Orange shirt #157

Webber Q series. Very heavy cast alumnium body and a nice thick cast iron cook surface. There not the big, fancy looking stainless units, but you cant taste the look of the grille.

10. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

:stupid: not to mention you can get it up to 350 degrees in 5 minutes. If you don't have 5 minutes to enjoy a beer, you're doing it wrong.

11. madman

madman Well-Known Member

Weber and be done with it. Been using the same one for well over 10 years. It starts fast, it heats up fast, it cooks even and it's fantastic.

12. Trev230EX

Trev230EX Put me in coach

13. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Just got the same one with stainless burners, flavor bars, and grates. Weber discontinued a color and a local place bought a truckload and got it for 699.

14. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

15. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

That yours?

16. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Another vote for Weber. Their customer service is awesome too. In 12 years of pretty heavy usage I've had one burner go out. When I called to try and buy one they ended up just giving me one, quick shipping too.

17. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

nah, found the pic online, looks cool though

18. Jack Brock

Jack Brock Well-Known Member

Another vote for Weber. It does a great job, and after 10 years it still looks good(w/o cover) and I've never had a problem.

19. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Traeger. Ease of electric, flavor of wood. It will be my next grill