1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2022 silly season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 20, 2021.

1. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

and thats conservative. idk how much they cost or what their overhead is but id guess they are making a mint. speaking of tires, there is this thing called "the dunlop fast 9" where the top 9 superbike riders in q1 are given a free rear tire for q2

2. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

I believe thats new this year. might be cool to see the Q tire brought back that they made such a big deal about in 2017, maybe some track records will fall this year again.

3. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

They usually show up with two semis full of tires. Several tire guys working non-stop. Tire changes are actually scheduled too. Each class has its own time slots for tire changes. It is an impressive operation.

The giant pile of used tires at the end of the weekend is crazy. And Dunlop takes a drill or a saw to each one of them.

4. 392

392 Well-Known Member

you would be surprised at how many tires get a drill to them after a race. Even at the club level. 1 race, tire off and 3/8 hole through it.

5. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

Where could someone find the entry list. Asking for someone.

6. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Pirelli publishers their numbers for the WSBK rounds for SS and SBK on the Pirellmoto Twitter account. This was for the Mandalika round.

20220415_185409.png 20220415_185402.jpg

7. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

They pay a substantial amount to be the spec tire supplier.

henry_carlson likes this.
  8. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I just watched the COTA highlights. Scholtz definitely kept Petrucci honest in Race 2.

Does COTA have the longest straight on the calendar? Seemed like Petrucci just blew past on the straights primarily so maybe with a shorter straight Gagne and Scholtz can have a better shot against Petrucci.

9. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

You can sorta see it in the data, Westby bike is slower for sure.

upload_2022-4-15_21-18-51.png

Nathey and Senna like this.
  10. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Attack seems to be operating their bikes closer to the limit. Q1, before it was detuned.

upload_2022-4-15_21-19-37.png

Nathey likes this.
  11. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Namarow and motodog650 like this.
  12. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Watching the BSB races, honda looked awesome all weekend, kawasaki was up there and bmw. Plus the yamahas. So whats the difference between a honda and bmw here in MA compared to across the pond? It would be awesome to see bmw,kawi and honda battling up front w the ducati and yamahas in MA.

13. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

No electronic aids plus most
    of the British tracks are much tighter than the US tracks. Makes sense that there would be some shake ups in performance under those conditions.

ajcjr likes this.
  14. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

It takes time, money, and talent (rider and crew) to get a bike up front. No one is doing all 3 for the CBR in MA SBK. And for BMW, they def haven’t had enough time yet.

ajcjr likes this.
  15. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Honda UK are massively involved with the BSB effort. Honda USA cares not.
    BMW, same as stang posted, BSB has several years of direct Motorad support whereas in USA, was just the Scheibe effort until this year.

cpettit, ajcjr and koth442 like this.
  16. Namarow

henry_carlson likes this.
  17. Namarow

Did not see Mesa on the list. I hope that changes.

5axis likes this.
  18. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Maybe I’m ignorant, but why would they drill holes in these tires after use…is there some sort of rule that doesn’t allow them to sell them off or use them for testing/track days etc.

19. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Corporate liability. Some street squid gets a set, crashes on a road in say, CA ... lawyer helps squid collect $$$$ from manufacturer for selling a "dangerous product."

hotnail likes this.
  20. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

That's unfortunate. I really like using race take offs. Plenty of meat left for my slow-ass.