1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2022 silly season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 20, 2021.

1. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

WSSP, the Duc doesn't seem to have an advantage. The trap speeds are lower in both MA & WSSP. I simply think the Herrin / Warhorse team is a cut above the rest. There's a bunch of money in the program plus Herrin, as already mentioned, is a seasoned veteran. If he doesn't win this year, I'll eat my hat.

Nathey likes this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Next round is supposed to be the first rebalancing.

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  3. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Any mutterings on what way the scale will slide?

The Duc is 3rd at the moment, right?

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I have no idea which with they are leaning. But I'm sure it's not towards penalizing the Ducati. :)
    I haven't even bothered paying attention to the rankings either. I only know the top two.

5. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

The balancing is done not based on finishing position, but based on the data they analyze from the races. They won’t penalize the Ducati if Herrin is faster on the corners but accelerates similar to the other bikes. They can look at acceleration on the straights, throttle position, and related data to understand performance potential. They will balance based on that more so than just, hey that bike brand is winning, let’s slow it down and make a show. That’s how they explained it during the Daytona 200 broadcast if I am remembering it correctly.

6. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Cody running Twins on a Yamaha for VIR.

Really interested where he will stack up in a field dominated by Apes.

As for the rebalancing in Supersport, hope they look at the developing talent that might not be getting 100% out of their chassis (opinion).

MA has a tough job as their two most exciting classes (Twins/Jr Cup) overshadow everything other than Superbike. (Speaking in terms as a enthusiast).