1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2022 silly season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 20, 2021.

1. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

I thought this convo might go here. I agree that every rider and skill level is different when it comes to this stuff.

I suspect that riders like CoreyA and Gillim would rather be grouped with the WSBK riders than the lower-level MA riders that you've described here. :p

Honestly, I think to get anywhere near the podium in MA SBK you need to pretty close to a rider that can "extract the most out of every tire and their physical abilities every lap".

2. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

3. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

4. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

more likely that all 3 supersport riders are paying to have their rides while the SBK guys are getting paid

ajcjr likes this.
  5. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

I had to go back and listen to the Fong podcast as he spoke on this. this is a direct quote from Bobby...

"Maybe little over a month ago I got the call from Chris and John Ulrich stating that their funding had been cut... Suzuki cut their budget and I knew for a while now that I was going to have to get a real job because I knew I was probably wouldn't be getting paid this year. " He goes on to say "once I heard that Chris and John weren't going to pay me and even if I could win a race in superbike this year I would get zero bonus money like nothing basically and Id be riding for free this year..."

Based on that I would guess none of them are paid.

6. Suzuka_joe

which podcast? kinda wanna go listen now.

7. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

MotoAmerica Off Track with Carruthers and Bice. theres a link to it here somewhere in this thread but its a legit podcast in all the telephone app feeds.

Suzuka_joe likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The internet part is from when it popped out again while sleeping that night, not the initial accident at the track.

9. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

10. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I realized that after the fact. Too quick to respond. Would not be fun to have arm pop out in bed. When through that dislocated arm thing last year. Not fun!

11. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

World Supersport this morning was great. Most importantly, the Duc didn't run away with it. Looks like the rules will be decently balanced.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They will complain and get to open the butterflies more after a few rounds.

13. koth442

If the results are similar after a few more rounds, I might be okay with that. Although I didn't look at the trap speeds, so who knows. Maybe the Duc was actually killing it on the back straight only to suffer in the corners. Wasn't a lot of air time showing the Duc this morning. Time will tell.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Sorry, I was talking about world supersport. I thought this was the WSBK thread.

15. koth442

I'm kind of off topic, loosely relevant because there has been discussion of the new supersport rules in this thread and how they relate to Herrin riding the Duc.

HPPT likes this.
  16. Suzuka_joe

watching the WSS race today the Ducati isn't up to par like the R6. You heard it here, Duc wont win a race this year. I had a 959 and hated it so I know lol

17. Suzuka_joe

waiting for the MA stream to begin and Pridmore and Gregs mics are on so you can hear them saying dumb shit.

koth442 likes this.
  18. koth442

Awww damn. I just missed it. I logged on just in time to hear them start the presentation officially. Anything juicy?

19. Suzuka_joe

nope

koth442 likes this.
  20. Suzuka_joe

Petrux just said twice that he was injured after Dakar.. amazing what solid journalism will prove even if bobby disagrees lol, Howe and Roger both are playing up him being injured as well. Bobby is losing his mind in this moment for sure lol