1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

2. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Yup, my finger works the same. :)

3. daveknievel

daveknievel I love orange kool-aid

My issued G22 has a NY trigger spring. 12lbs. not allowed to modify. I am also the dept Armor. only found one glock so far with a polish job.

4. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

Pardon taking this thread on a bit of a tangent, but I thought it was better than starting yet another gun thread.

Facts: I have a friend who recently moved to Idaho. I intend to visit there a lot to go hiking. I intend to fly there every time. I live in Ohio and have a CCW. Recently, we were said to be insane hiking the Sawtooths without a sidearm, by multiple local individuals. Bears and wolves, they said. I don't want to debate this part of things. Yes, we had bear spray.

This has me wondering how to go about carrying in Idaho. Idaho will recognize my CCW, no worries there. However, I cannot legally purchase a handgun in ID, (?) so this forces me to bring in my own. I would like to leave it at my friend's house. One option would be to bring it as checked baggage on the airplane, but I am loathe to go thru that process. I'm open to other ideas. I'm also wondering if it's 100% legal to leave it behind. Thoughts?

5. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

It is illegal to transfer a firearm across state lines without going through an FFL, unless it is being passed down from parent to child, grandparent to grandkid, etc. I've never checked a firearm on a flight, maybe someone here that has can chime in.

6. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

If your going to leave it there anyway could you have it shipped to a gun store there have your buddy pick it up and have the gun transferred into his name as if he purchased from you? Then you can just use it while your there?

7. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

It's actually really easy. Just call the airline in advance and they will tell you what to do. Main thing is you have to have a TSA lock on the case it's in. This allows TSA to open it any time they want. I think I paid 20 bucks for mine. Seems crazy the first time, but you basically just check it like normal and fill out a form. Takes 30 seconds.

8. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

I thought it was supposed to be a lock that only you could open, and that you would open it if asked and then check it.

9. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Well what do you know, google says you are right!

The two airlines I've done it with both asked for a TSA lock though, so I just use that one now. They may not even be strict about this anymore. I don't even bother calling or anything in advance anymore. Just go check in and declare the handgun right there.

10. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Sorry if I missed it...anyone had a G43 to the range to go pew pew pew with it?

11. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Picked one up the other day. Its a good shooting pistol with not much recoil. The only thing it didnt care much for was the grip but Im going to add some stippling so that should solve my only real concern with it.

12. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Picked this up today to burn through some 9mm!
    [​IMG]

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Love the look of the new P225. I've barely shot the Sig I have now but they come out with something new every week! That Legion series is sexy. A bit too tacticool for me but nice to look at.

14. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Nonsense.

:D

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Hehe I know it's sad. Nothing I own has lights and shitte attached to it and no lasers or night vision or body armor or any of that. I do have a spare upper with a quad rail if that counts lol. I don't even have any camo :(

16. bruceiam

bruceiam Well-Known Member

[​IMG][/IMG]
    This is my latest. Accurate and packs a good punch. I prefer all metal over polymer, just a personal preference, I own both.

17. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

Just picked up a Bodyguard 380 with laser yesterday, excellent condition with a nice tagua leather holster and an extra 10 round promag all for 300 bucks. I've been holding out for an SP101, but saw that and jumped on it. It will be my extra deep concealment carry. :up:

18. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

FNH FNS9 will be my next handgun.

19. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Not a hand gun, but what can yall tell me about Hege shot guns, looking at an over under 12 ga trap shooting shotgun.

20. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

do you already shoot a lot of trap, or is it something you're considering getting into?

A friend of mine was renting OU's from the club he was shooting at before he pulled the trigger (see what I did there) on a pricey OU.