1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

try something hotter/heavier, like regular 230 ball, probably will shoot closer to point of aim.

2. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

A buddy has the exact same pistol. I've shot it many times, his does not shoot low. (FYI)

3. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

My buddies didn't shoot low either. I was going back and forth with my SR1911 and it shot nice

4. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

I just picked this up yesterday. It's been beat around by carrying since 1991 by two generations. I cleaned it up and will replace a few parts, but I wanted something cheap, with character. :D

Attached Files:

5. Racer45

Is that an SB?

6. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

M9 I think.

7. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

1991 would probably make it a 92F or an FS i think

8. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Winner! It's a 92FS compact. It's a great toss around and don't worry about appearances handgun. It had about a half pound of the previous owner's dead skin and dust all over it though. :Puke:

SB's have a round trigger guard.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  9. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Anybody have experience with the KRISS Vector? Looking for an oddball to replace the collection that sank on the boat in 15,000 feet of water. Thinking the Vector or the IWI Tavor might fit the bill.

10. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

If looks matter, the tavor gets my vote. The vector looks like steeltoe went all tacticool and found every item he could cram on a pistol. :D

11. Racer45

Nice, my FIL has a like new 92SB I'm trying to get from him

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Won't find either of those in my collection lol.

13. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Depends on what you had been shooting, a Glock or another angled barrel to a 0 degree barrel will cause that.

14. ESmith

ESmith Well-Known Member

Just picked up a Kimber micro carry stainless today. Local shop had them new for what I thought was a deal ($565) Excited to break it in/want to find a nice holster for it. The wife has been carrying a sig p238 for a while now and loves it.

15. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

Decided to get a better carry gun and picked up a XDS 9mm yesterday. Got it for $490 out the door, Springfield is running a promo so Ill be getting 3 extra mags and a mag holder in a few weeks for a total of 5 mags(a few flush, a few w/pinky extension/room for extra round), hardshell case, extra backstrap to fatten the grip, and 2 pieces of green/red fiber-opticish rod to change out the front sight.

Took it out today and put 100 rnds mixed FMJ/HP through it, no hiccups. Shoots fantastic, soft recoil, very accurate straight out of the box out to 25 yards if I do my part. Very easy to punch bullseyes with rapid fire at practical self-defense distance.

Trigger has short takeup, the pull itself is a little heavy but crisp and reset is short as well. Very very happy with it so far, gotta find a holster and put a couple more through it before I rely on it but Im very impressed so far. :beer:

16. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I've got and XDS in .45, shoots nice for a little gun. My hand gets a bit tired when shooting it a lot though. After a 100 rounds or so I usually switch to something bigger. Powder River has triggers for the XDS too.

17. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

+1 on the XDS. When it first came out, i didn't like it all. I found a dozen reasons to not buy it. I was running out of "want" guns so I finally bought one and it's become one of my favorites. Surprisingly the most accurate carry piece I have.

18. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

I put one of the PRP sear kits in mine about three weeks after I got it. It was well worth the investment. Noticeably lighter pull (not too light), better take up, more crisp break, very little over travel and more positive reset. I played with a G43 the other day and one trigger pull later, I gave it back.

19. Racer45

Caved in and bought a surplus cz75

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Can't hate that!