1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Been a few times borrowing guns, local spot does not have rentals. Also Id rather just have my own.

2. AFORREST4

AFORREST4 Well-Known Member

I kinda miss my old 1911

3. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

Love this thing so far

Attached Files:

4. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

That looks wild. I'm not a fan of DA/SA guns, but that keeps me away from some really sweet designs. I may have to reconsider my prejudice, that thing is awesome.

5. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

C75 is the best feeling handgun I've ever held. I'd like to get one soon.

What's the deal with yours, never seen those grips before.

6. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

As soon as my AR Grendel is done, I'm getting a CZ75 SP-01! I can't stand even seeing pictures of the CZs anymore! :)

Fwiw. Anyone who likes the feel of the CZ 75 should also check out the IWI or IMI baby eagle. It's essentially a CZ 75 clone, available in polymer and all metal framed.

7. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

Aluminum grips from the cz shop. Needed a little something. Stock grips were ugly

8. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

9. Scotty87

I don't think I'd want a ported barrel on a CCW gun. That's gonna be a lot of muzzle flash and noise, no?

I don't think the recoil is bad on that gun anyway, even with +p

10. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Bought my wife a 1911 earlier this year, a few weeks ago she gave me her 9mm Sig and the stack of mags and told me to keep it (or sell it, or whatever). Said she didn't like it anymore.

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

She didn't tell you to throw it in the river did she:D

12. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

She did, as a matter of fact. :D

13. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

Absolutely. I have an alum framed (lighter=a tic more recoil) ported 3.5" 1911. The muzzle report is crazy loud. Yes it helps with recoil, but I don't think the .45 acp is bad to begin with.

I'd truly hate to have to use it on self defense situation(since I prolly won't have ear pro on). I've entertained the idea of replacing the barrel with a non ported version.

14. Scotty87

With you on all counts. I find 45 to be a medium thud, 40 is snappy and by far the most annoying to me. 9mm is a breeze. I don't get why S&W came out with this model. Just wondered if I was missing something.

I can see the benefit of porting on a long barreled 460 hunting revolver or some shit like that.

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

So….she's an expert with a gun, and you're an expert with a chainsaw!

16. AFORREST4

AFORREST4 Well-Known Member

Was it a P226? Still my overall favorite.

17. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Why I'm always floating down the river

2022. Some say they are hard to beat for the money, personally I think they are just hard to beat. Accurate, eats anything you put in them and have a good trigger. I had several of them before they fell off the tree into the river.

18. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

I'm shopping for a 9mm now. Primarily to shoot quite a bit, home protection, and kept in my car as well. Not necessarily a carry weapon. I currently shoot my Ruger MKIII and Caspian 1911 in bullseye league. They both have red dot optics and are pretty much set up for match competition with 2.5lb triggers, etc. This 9mm will be my open sight "fun gun". I went to a large shop to get my hands on quite a few pistols. (S&W MP, HK VP, Walther PPQ, Glock 17, Beretta PX4) I think I've narrowed it down to these two striker fire pistols;

HK VP9
    Walther PPQ

Anybody have experience with these models? Anything else to look at?
    I prefer a 4" barrel and not a compact size pistol. I really liked the trigger feel of the two I narrowed it down to.

19. BillH37

BillH37 Active Member

Hey Scott, was there anything in particular that disqualified the G17 from your list?

You mention a preference for a 4" barrel. Perhaps a G19 would be a consideration?

20. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Have the PPQ, and I like it a lot. Fits nice in the hand, decent trigger. Tried the biggest size grip hump, but went back to the middle one (L gloves are roomy on me). At first I really liked the sights, which are pretty open (big gaps on either side of front sight), but now I'm beginning to think about getting some after market ones. Have about 400-500 rounds of white box w/o problems. Got a couple extended mags too.