1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guys whose wives back them up.

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

Absolutely, Sir...and you're exactly right. Can't be all in unconditionally.

there's a lot of the same being said with different language...but gotta respect yourself first, then you can work on earning it from others.

2. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

I tell everyone my wife is my soulmate, teammate, companion, helper, best friend, etc because I choose to spend more time with her than anyone else. I wonder how many couples truly want to spend time with their spouse?? Have you ever driven to Daytona holding hands and not say anything to your spouse or them to you? I have.... We just enjoy each other's company. She is also 1 of very few people that can make me laugh.... and talk to me when I get mad....

noles19 likes this.
  3. LD

LD I do science

Not sure where you're seeing a conflict here -nobody said anything about worship. Like I said, I tell her stuff she doesn't want to hear all the time. My wife loves the fact that I'm my own man- read my original post on the topic. I speak my mind to her, to her parents, to my family, and everybody else around me. But being a true man isn't about being a self-absorbed asshole and expecting your wife to support you when you do nothing to earn it. The problem is everybody in today's generations expects to be treated with respect, without doing anything to earn it. I'll restate my point- if your wife doesn't support you, then man up and do something to earn her respect, and things will start to change.

VFR#52 likes this.
  4. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

fair enough. I did miss the real not perceived qualifier while reading through the first time. it's something I get excited about as it's so important to the coming generations and we've just spent 40 years making a hash of it.

daveknievel likes this.
  5. LD

LD I do science

I'll agree with this part wholeheartedly. You earn respect from others BY respecting yourself. Hell, you gotta love yourself before you can love others too- media can make it difficult for women to love themselves, and if they don't even know how to love themselves, then they can never truly love somebody else- it's just infatuation at that point. I love myself and respect myself like a champ, and my wife loves that about me. And I encourage her to love and respect herself too, but even when she falls short- I show her love and support anyway, rather than the condemnation that a lot of self-absorbed prigs show their wives.

Phl218 and VFR#52 like this.
  6. LD

LD I do science

In the words of the southern baptist minister, preach on brotha

VFR#52 likes this.
  7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That's me / us. My wife is my best friend, 27 years and counting.

Cam Morehead likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hell no it'd make my hand all sweaty - and the RV is too wide :D

I have spent 24 hours a day 7 days a week with mine for years on end. And we're still together after 25 years so something is working. Or she's insane. Either way, it works for us.

Cam Morehead likes this.
  10. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Maybe it's because of my abusive past - but I can't swallow any of the "give her what she needs, not what she wants" Comments. Could be that I am reading to far into it.

I struggle with these threads because it is a peek into the male gender, but it is also a slice that is hyper-competitive and testosterone fueled. It may not be representative at all. I start to think that men just constantly compete and that they all think they need to be dominating their women. I just picture you guys dragging your women around by the hair and clubbing dinner to death some days.

and maybe I am already in it as you are describing and can't see the forest for the trees.

11. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

Well she did wash my junk more than once after I broke my collarbone. Didn't do a 1/2 bad job either.

We're not splitting up about this.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm not competing with anyone.

Giving someone - male or female - what they need not what they want is probably better termed as giving someone what they need not what they may be asking for. Evelyne never ever asks for what she truly wants or needs directly. For example - she just called a few minutes ago to tell me Duncan wasn't happy that Yogi left with her. That wasn't for information, what it translates to is "hey unless you have something hugely important going at the office can you go to the house so he doesn't tear it up?" However not once was anything remotely like that said...

Sometimes the other person needs comforting when they ask for something else. Sometimes they need talking to when they're seeming to just want sympathy. Sometimes as in my case they need yelling at when they're spinning in circles. It just varies.

So back to what is needed - I'm headed to the house now since what she needs to day is ameliorating her senseless fears of Duncan doing something since I'll have to be more of an asshole next week at the GNF :D

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

If you drag 'em by the foot, they fill up with dirt.

Love is blind. Often, deaf and dumb too. :moon:

Cuddles de Sade likes this.
  14. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Seriously.. Guys aren't that hard to figure out. From what I have seen, you meet Dern's 3 basic needs and that's all any guy really needs. Anything else and girls are just spinning their wheels :D Okay okay.. it's nice when you help out in the pits too.

15. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

See folks. It's all about self awareness.. :D

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And as I knew the dog was fine and nothing torn up :D This was more what she wanted and didn't need but you have to be balanced.

Cuddles de Sade likes this.
  17. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

I can only assume you aren't talking to me. I hate losing, at anything, to anyone.... But that has nothing to do with the respect I give my wife and the respect she gives me. And if I grabbed my wife's hair and pulled, it would land me in the hospital.... at some point....

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Evelyne tells a story about someone she knew back in the day getting tired of her husband getting drunk every payday and blowing his check so one of those nights after he passed out she beat him with a cast iron pan and took what was left - next day she told him he got mugged on the way home...

I've always wondered if it really was a "friend" and I know for sure it's a not so subtle warning not to go too far then try to sleep :crackup:

19. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

If you're not a little bit afraid of your woman then you're with the wrong woman. :D

pscook likes this.
  20. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

When I pull Colleen's hair, we end up nekkid.

Different strokes and all I suppose.