1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guys whose wives back them up.

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Ninja

Ninja Active Member

It will come ... Third marrage & 40 years :cool:

Boman Forklift likes this.
  2. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

Good description and to be clear, I wasn't talking about anyone in particular, just more of personal interactions. We all had to do a Mckenzie study and also spend time with a Dr. to see where we fit on the personality styles table. You know, Dominant Director ect. ect. type stuff. Well our fearless leader was so proud he was termed a Dominant Director that he about popped a few veins in his already roided out biceps. He is long gone after multiple claims of harassment and as far as I know, is trying to be a consultant. For what, I could never guess. Anyway, I see your point and agree. In my business (Motorcycle OEM), if your not an adrenaline fueled risk taking former racer, your the misfit so maybe Im looking at this from a different viewpoint.

ekraft84 likes this.
  3. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

Ok.

Cam Morehead likes this.
  4. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

It sounds more like you still need to grow up and take responsibility for your actions. You placed a burden on your wife and are now condemning her for doing her best to keep you happy. This is completely on you. It's time to be a man and get your house in order, at the expense of your hobby not your wife.

5. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Heather and I are far from perfect, but one thing I will never doubt is her having my back. I think the one time I got a black flag from jumping the start, she fully lit into the officials for calling me out. She told me after the race, and I had to tell her that I definitely jumped. So she went back and apologized and we all laughed about it. I guess she wasn't the first wife to yell at an official errantly. :D

As for marriage, my saying is "it isn't easier, but it is definitely better." I love my life with Heather and I wouldn't trade it for something "easy".

6. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

Cool