1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dear Ferguson

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Rob P, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I take it you frequent Singapore? Or this just one of those magical posts where you pretend to know more about someplace than people that have *actual* experience there?

2. Every place has its up and down sides. I was only referring to the way they immediately and directly handle crime. When people/criminals are scared of the consequences of their actions, they are less likely to do stupid shit.

3. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

I remember reading in the newspaper, years and years ago about the tiny island of Formosa, which is now called Taiwan, having a purse-snatching problem. The country was dependent on tourism dollars to keep their economy going and with the rash of purse-snatching going on, the tourism dollars were falling drastically. So, they passed a law that anyone caught purse-snatching would be tried, and if found guilty, would be hung in the public square within THREE days. So, the first guy that was caught was tried, convicted, and hung up in the square within 72 hours...........and the purse-snatchings stopped immediately.

4. :up:

The only deterrent for crime is the threat of REAL and IMMEDIATE punishment. Until we have that, we will have idiots smashing windows and stealing TVs without a second thought.

5. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

^^^^ Absolutely, and I fear that it will continue because we have become a nation of insatiable "politically correct" do-gooders, more concerned with hurting someone's feelings than applying the laws that are on the books for the crime(s) that they commit.

6. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

You think we are bad? Spend a day in Toronto or Stockholm.

7. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I am offended by your post and formally request that you take it down and issue an retraction. :D

8. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

You pussy Canadians...:D

9. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

No matter how long you have been in Texas, your apology gene will kick in soon.

10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:
    Isn't that the truth.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Just curious, why are you in a hotel? Do they bring in police from other areas and put you up in hotels? I never thought about the logistics of riot control before.

12. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry :crackup: I really didn't mean to offend anyone, especially our brethren to the North. Let me offer you a metric shit ton of "I'm sorry, pay you for damages, and then cover all of your expenses for the deep psychological conflict that I'm sure you will experience for the rest of your life because of my insensitive, uncaring, and extremely harsh remarks....................

OR..................................

I could just tell you to go F&ck yourself in English and French!......which really seems like a better idea to me! :D

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I just have a magical ability to read.

14. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Clearly, you've never been to Singapore. Argh!

15. desmo2

desmo2 Well-Known Member

No, I do not normally work that part of the state. They brought in additional manpower in the event this got really stupid, again.

16. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Just keep your eyes and ears open and get back home. Stay safe.

17. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:stupid:

18. In Your Corner

19. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Thanks Orvis.....glad you understand it is always better to be nice and civil in real life.
    However,, had I known then what I know now, I wouldn't have extended my hand and would have let my dog piss on him.

my imho now: He is a fascist commie, who lives a wealthy lifestyle (in direct conflict to what he preaches).....spewing BS to the masses.
    He was here to ramp up the carnage, one more time.

I say now, piss off old one w/ the air-conditioner front teeth.....you a greedy shit disturber and divider of the citizens.

20. In Your Corner

Hey Speedy, how are your health problems going? You had a lot going on a while back, you feeling any better?