1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dear Ferguson

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Rob P, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

The old Dindoo Nuffin.

Right up there with "he was turning his life around"

2. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

And "the victim was an 'aspiring rapper' ".

My personal media favorite.

3. joec

joec brace yourself

Just wait til the end of october, when the baltimore case finally winds up. Either way its gonna be a mess.

4. daveknievel

daveknievel I love orange kool-aid

Yep. The media will play into the racial butthurt. And Rome will burn. Lock and load people.

5. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Lock and Load....... The phrase actually originated in the early 1900's and was referring to locking the rifle's breech in the open position and then loading a round in the chamber. It's kind of a catchy phrase now days, and is generally used in reference to carrying a 1911 type pistol with a round in the chamber, hammer cocked, and the thumb safety engaged......a.k.a. condition 1.

6. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

Are you buying ammo? :Poke: :D

7. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

Thats "Cocked and Locked", concerning Condition 1 with the single action 1911.

8. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Brain fart........ I hadn't had my normal multiple cups of coffee yet when I posted that! :eek:

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I love the learning opportunities afforded by the Dungeon.

10. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

Yes, a kinder, gentler one cannot be found.

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yeah, and I'm a aspiring motogp rider. :crackup:

12. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Aspiring rapper. I am seeing this listed or mentioned by some as actual occupation. Generally, accompanied by unemployed status.

In my opinion, just one more acceptable justification for delayed adulthood. The phrase is surpassing, "I am going to college."

13. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

"Mr. Brown, an aspiring 43 year old rapper"

:crackup:

never give up bro, never give up.

14. :crackup:

15. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

With the newly aquired street cred, doors open.

16. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Of course, the tendency of a parent to defend the actions of their child is endless. That is if the parent speaks before thinking about what action they're defending. A lot of the parents actually don't think rather they just blurt out the old "my child is a good kid, respects me, and is a budding rapper." Of course that child doesn't respect themselves and especially doesn't respect anyone else. The kid probably can't even gather up the low skill levels needed to become a rapper. The only reason that they respect their parents is because they grew up getting smacked upside the head for talking back to that parent.

The biggest irritant that I see is watching a news reporter stick a mike into the face of an emotional parent and asking them questions. That is the story that's being sought. That kind of news coverage results in more emotional reaction from the parent's friends and family than anything else. It's a real riot starter in some cities.

17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

My mother would out me in a heartbeat.
    That's what good people do.

18. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Mine too. My son got in some trouble with the police and ended up on juvenile probation. He didn't make it to a couple of meetings, so his PO started calling me. She said that I needed to make sure he made it to see her. That is when I corrected her and said "I didn't commit any crime, so I am not the one responsible for his attendance." She said that if he missed another meeting she would breach his terms, so I told her ok, he can be found at my house, go pick him up. She was rather surprised that I wasn't going to take up for him.

19. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Protecting a child/young adult for something that they did wrong only validates that behavior and encourages them to continue doing what they've been doing. Parents that do that are obviously doing the child/young adult more harm, but most of them don't see it that way. It's as if they are afraid to admit that their offspring is doing something wrong and afraid that it would be a reflection of their parenting skills, or lack thereof.......and sometimes it is!

20. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Yeah, I don't know much/anything about him, other than his face/name.
    Him being in St Louis w/ an entarouge, told me he is an activist and was here to further the Mike Brown agenda.
    It was still neat to realize I am standing next to a 'celebrity' while getting brunch.
    I shook his hand. not because I agree with what he is doing in StL....but because I am friendly/polite to everyone I meet. I am against everything that is going on here, against his agenda....but am respectful to others, on a personal level, regardless of my position on a subject (except for animal abusers....then I am never friendly).

A few of his crew were excited about my dog, were nice and complimentary to my dog....so we talked/joked about dog stuff.

I guess, my intent of my post was to say I met a famous person, and more importantly to post that everyone I met out of that group was not form Stl, that they had all come a long way to get to StL. One guy said he was from CT.