1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2023 entry fees for CCS?

Discussion in 'General' started by DmanSlam, May 2, 2023.

Tags:
  1. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

They also let NSF's run in the 400 class. That just seems ignorant.

2. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Instead of creating that shit storm, why didn't he just say hey fee's are up a bit but,,, big discounts for early entries.

When asked for advice over the years I've always gave the same answer,
    Rules, Classes, all infrastructure.. keep it the same as WERA's,, it's proven, can be improved upon but that way everyone can bounce org to org with the same bikes, understand rules and reg's and no surprises... Kevin would listen.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  3. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

By signing up late, you are opting in.....

Wow. This guy sounds like a used credit card warranty web marketing guy.

Sure. The cost is $10. After 2 yrs the price goes to $20 unless you call customer service at which point we'll make it $10 for another year.

This sort of shit is why I wont deal with mediacom.

4. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I saw that. Tbh there was probably a way he could come off as the good guy with the fees if he had any sort of business sense or empathy. I don’t see CCS sticking around very long with all this going on.

5. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Hopefully WERA will be able to pick up the pieces and some race dates. I didn't really care for CCS when it started, but raced with them some as, at times, they were the only game available that fit into races I could make at some tracks. WERA at Blackhawk is way fun. Bring back IRP.:crackup:

6. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I liked the one Blackhawk CCS weekend I went to but that was years ago and before the new owners.

7. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

i dont want the series to fail, as it's only the racers that will ultimately lose.
    I've been a CCS racer since 2012, and have been doing about 60-70 races a year between 14-16 weekends and 4 different regions. I do miss the lifelong friends I've made throughout the paddock, but it's simply not worth all the BS that these new owners are putting their customers through.

I do hope WERA can get some more dates at Summit, and maybe revisit NJMP if possible. The 20-24 hour commutes for a 1 day event does take its toll after time.

KneeDragger_c69 and MELK-MAN like this.
  8. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

I dont think anyone wants it to fail, but unless Evolve's mgmnt pulls their head out of their ass, it may disappear. Racers will find a way to race if they want to. Some will head over to ther orgs, some will go to other forms of racing.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  9. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

A legends car at my local circle track would be SO easy to do weekly.

10. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

it has nothing to do with evolve. the owners took over CCS as their own side project. just an FYI.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  11. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

hoping ccs fails isn't helping a
    but are the owners of ccs also owners of evolve track days? as you said, 2 diff companies i'd guess, but same people?

12. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

Rut ro

That's never a good thing

13. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

So who are the owners of Evolve and CCS?
    NVM. Figured it out

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I guess Mongo isn’t so bad now? :D

15. HookieRooker

HookieRooker Active Member

Since this thread seems to be gaining traction, I'll ask a question. I'm a CCS guy, but tried not to comment out of respect (this being the wera forum and all). For those of us that aren't very familiar with Wera, what tracks does Wera race at that get close to the midwest? Is it just Grattan? I'd love to race with Wera, the commute is the only concern for me.

16. yuengling910

yuengling910 Loose Cannon

http://wera.com/schedule/thisseason.asp?<%=linkvars%>#nc

HookieRooker likes this.
  17. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Stop your bitching old man. :D

18. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I am one of those guys. Started racing with CCS in 2012 I think. Has all intentions to continue to race with them this years, got new bodywork for the bike, got the new transponder, but with all the issues I cant get myself to go racing with them anymore.

But tell me more, who was the rider they dismissed?

19. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

The email I got was that Evolve bought it. No difference either way, same people.

noles19 likes this.
  20. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

It's just 'a little 250' ...ok