1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2023 entry fees for CCS?

Discussion in 'General' started by DmanSlam, May 2, 2023.

Tags:
  1. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

try tart cherry juice for the gout. not from concentrate, the ready to drink stuff. I had upped, and upped my meds dosage, and was still getting flares, soreness regularly. started drinking a few ounces of the tart cherry daily in march, it has been almost 2 months, no symptoms. I have even cut my meds in half. going to try no meds and just the juice next, see how that works. would love to get off the meds. I have even been able to drink alcohol, have all the non gout foods, no flares, so far... knocks on wood.

Good luck to you, gout sucks! Ski

Gino230 likes this.
  2. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Have a couple bottles of it. Horrible tasting. Really effed up thing is the flareups can not happen for a year, then BOOM one ankle then go away and then hit the other foot a week later. No rhyme or reason. I dont take meds for it. Back problem I think started back in 2013 after a martial arts injury due to a white belt not listening to the instructor while teaching him a throw.

3. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

sorry for your luck, condition. I dont mind the tart cherry in ready to drink bottles. but, in michigan we have the cherry capital of the world in Traverse City so, our local stores get the good stuff. back problems, ask doc for Celebrex, and Methocarbamol. neither are addictive, and dont make you loopy but, take the pain, and soreness away. put my body through hell on sleds, dirt bikes, and sport bikes. better living through modern pharmaceuticals. Ski

4. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I didn't look too closely at the new rules, but I thought it was more trying to consolidate classes so that there's not 20 races per day and half of them have 4 guys.

I hadn't heard about the new fee structure, but that sounds crappy if true.

Not that it matters much, we're down to one track here in Florida (I don't count Jennings or Daytona because one is basically Georgia) and all the car guys have taken most of the dates. We're lucky to get any racing at all.

GixxerBlade likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

NJMP is too much money. Summit has no open dates. VIR won't schedule motorcycle races. Pocono is too dangerous.

We'll do more at Summit if dates open up, have told the track management to just let us know when they have something.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Do what Chicago racers did before Autobahn - drive to Michigan...

7. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

NJMP had potential to be still profitable with the CCS riders up there, if they knew about the event.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

With the deal they had/have yes. Not as a straight rental even with their numbers.

DBConz likes this.
  9. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Sean was right let this thread ride. It’s actually gonna be a boon for WERA.

I had planned to do local racing with CCS in May/June, but I didn’t know about the $125 fee until I saw it here. I’m pretty much locked into one race weekend with them, but that’s it I’m done after that. That fee really irks me. I’l be adding WERA races instead, and I’ll just have to travel. I’m sure others have came to the same conclusion.

SuddenBraking and MrGooch like this.
  10. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

All Grattan, all the time, would have been good for me. I've driven a race car at Autobahn....meh. Too flat. Kind of like a big BHF. Never been to Barber, but I still feel Grattan is one of the best layouts ever. Aside from a few spots.

Trainwreck and voss555 like this.
  11. Woofentino Pugr

Hell they made MORE classes. Next BHF has not only CCS but the ASRA Team Challenge and also 2 OTHER race orgs (CRA and BRL) tossed in.

CCS's rule book is ever changing. Seem like every week a new rule change comes up. They say it goes out via email, but the only emails I get are reminders to sign up for the next race (even if its out of my region).

Now they are saying if you pre-entered and then added races, the $125 penalty is refunded (providing you asked for it back).

Now theres a new level of bullshit that popped up. Say you crash (and your bike passed tech and is wired correctly) and you spill oil on the track, apparently now you, the racer, will get CHARGED for the cleanup. They (CCS/ASRA) arent saying its true, but they sure as hell aint denying it.

Most likely I'm done with bikes after this year and just stick to cars until I decide to hang up the helmet for good. Looking at the local roundy-round track for the cheap fun racing (which is why I started racing bikes), its only $75 to race Late Models per night. 2 practice sessions, 2 qualifying, 3-4 heat races (1 is a last chance) and the main. Still will be road racing, but with 4 wheels.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2023
    Boman Forklift and GixxerBlade like this.
  12. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I still keep an eye on the CCS boards since I used to be in the Midwest. The new ownership does not seem to be going well. Lots of riders staying home with all the BS added fees.

13. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

i made a comment in their FB group about the changes being a negative impact on the riders and they removed me from their group.

so apparently they cant be bad if they have no negative feedback, right?

GixxerBlade likes this.
  14. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Its my fault. I retired from racing and the local club implides 2 yrs later. I didn't think I was spending *that* much money...

Senna likes this.
  15. Woofentino Pugr

No this is what happens when a track day org buys a race org.

16. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

All my Chicago area friends have gone back to trackdays vs racing this year. Not a single one has grid up with CCS after a decade of avoiding trackdays. Also been some drama of making up the rules on the fly then dismissing a well liked rider in the region when he brought it to their attention.

IL/WI could definitely use some of that WERA mojo that somehow isn't killing road racing.

17. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

they will certainly blame the economy, dying sport, or anything besides themselves when it collapses. i keep hearing their attendance is very low

18. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

There's always IRP. I'm sure we could get them to break out the weed eater and put out some cones :D

MrGooch likes this.
  19. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

I’m planning to race WERA later this summer/fall, but was also gonna run a couple of race weekends with CCS since they run at my local mid-atlantic tracks.

But decided I ain’t gonna pay those bullshit tack on fees, so fuck ‘em. That’s a couple thousand they didn’t get from me.

britx303 likes this.
  20. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Yeah I’m with ya. Sounds like I’m not missing anything.