1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2023 entry fees for CCS?

Discussion in 'General' started by DmanSlam, May 2, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Shit it just dawned on me .. did the trackday org buy the entire CCS / ASRA organization?

That would be tough to successfully run after a takeover. There are so many relationships to maintain my head is exploding. Im thinking the only way it would work is if the acquiring party has experience running a roadracing org.

2. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

Business 101....don't drive the existing customer base away.

Xian_13 likes this.
  3. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

so i had a few calls with the new owners. my last conversation was regarding the fact that they no longer do credits/refunds. so if you crash and cant ride for the rest of the weekend, you lose all that money.

the response i was given was "i'm not paying you to fix your motorcycle".

when i asked what he's doing for customer retention when there are several other TD orgs in their region all doing the same business at the same tracks around the same time.
    His response: "absolutely nothing".

at that point i ended the call.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

WTF?

5. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

This is the second time I've personally witnessed a track day org get into racing and there's things they just aren't going to do right, for whatever reason. One of the things that bothered me about the new CCS is you have to have a transponder for every bike. You can't swap between bikes or you'll lose all your lap times. That's just silly, fix your software.

6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Guess it’ll be WERA only for me. Sounds like a nonstop clusterf*ck

7. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

from what i've seen so far after 6 months of their operation
    • $125 late fee for post registration
    • AMB transponder (G3 westhold was required in 2022)
    • transponder per bike
    • charging racers for oil cleanup
    • entry fees nearly doubled
    • no credits/refunds
    • rulebook changes mid season
    • no trophies for 2022 championships
    • dropped destroke bikes
    • added Homestead to 2023 schedule with 1 week notice

MELK-MAN likes this.
  8. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

This must be Mongo's side gig, killing road racing etc.

9. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

That's the one I can't get around. They are worried someone is going to use their 1000 to qualify for the MW race. First, who cares. Second, that's not a real thing.

10. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

don't see this as a major possibility .. if someone wanted to use a "1000 to qualify for the MW race", they can just swap out the other transponder.
    Is there a justified reason for a transponder for each bike? i don't know for certain. i doubt the few extra dollars they get for it is a reason, nor do i think making sure someone doesn't use a 1000 to qualify for a mw race.. I would believe they want no issues after a race, someone raising hell that they forgot to switch their transponder, and scream to get the result counted even though they forgot their transponder? just a guess. I really don't know their reason.

11. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

That's the reason they gave. Someone using a different class bike to qualify. I think most club racing as gone to the "unless its a rental transponder" its your problem rule.
    Qualifying is counter intuitive to their late fee as well. At my old club it was whole other race to see who registered first to get pole. That got people to sign up for races... Incentives.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  12. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Crazy...
    Last CCS owner was losing his A$$ financially because he was watching the books close enough to "make a little" money after all the bills are paid.
    And the new owners are trying to recoup all their investment in the first 1-2 years ownership!
    I have also heard from 1-3 CCS racers that are pulling back from running with them because of these ridiculous fees.

13. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

From some of his snarky replies on FB he has to be a huge ass douche in person.

14. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

That the guy who was going to buy out/sue out of business WERA?

BC likes this.
  15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That reads like a business that won't be in business very long.

418 likes this.
  16. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Did they change the name to Championship Cunt Series?

MrGooch, Brian Beatty, Senna and 3 others like this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

:crackup: nope.

18. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

don't think so, that was john that owns trackday winner track days. i think.

19. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

OFFICIAL CALLS RACERS THAT SIGN UP LATE LAZY. Posted in a Facebook group

20. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

NESBA sucks!

TurboBlew and GixxerBlade like this.