1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2023 entry fees for CCS?

Discussion in 'General' started by DmanSlam, May 2, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Considering the amount of money we get charged by tracks for the cleanup that makes a lot of sense. Road Atlanta for oil cleanup supplies - nothing to do with the fire, that's a separate bill - cost us $900. CMP no this year but last cost us 1500 or something like that in supplies.

Currently we eat the cost but that's just another part of why fees go up.

sheepofblue likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

More a case of what happens when business minded people get involved in racing versus people like Evelyne. We survive yes and pay all the bills but we'll never make good money, never make enough to justify what we do, and odds are good never be able to retire.

Yamaboy and Shenanigans like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No.

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Sounds like Henry is sorely missed.

Gino230, MELK-MAN and TurboBlew like this.
  5. Michael Hausknecht

Michael Hausknecht Well-Known Member

Just a bit of background. Evolve GT did not buy ASRA/CCS. It was, however, purchased by two of the owners of Evolve GT, Alex Spellman and Mark Leinhard. To varying degrees, both are still involved with Evolve and its race "arm", Motogladiator. Alex is also still with Trackside Tires (Pirelli). Russ Danner seems to work for both Evolve and ASRA/CCS. Alex had some experience racing with CCS but I don't know whether Mark or Russ ever raced, or with whom. I've dealt with all of them, to varying degrees, and with Sean and Evelyn over many years. I'm chasing an AHRMA championship right now but, at this point, I'll race WERA when I can fit it in rather than with ASRA/CCS. AHRMA is a bit of a mess right now but with WERA I know I get well-run events even if I get less competitors with my little Kramer than I do with AHRMA.

DBConz likes this.
  6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That sucks!! Do you need to borrow one or two?

7. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

Before breaking out to build my own business, I spent the better part of my working history developing a career path that has been rewarding in ways that were beyond my expectations.

During that time I was lucky enough to be involved with a few small businesses at or near the ground level. I watched what the owners did to develop their business and maintain the type of relationships that resulted in a positive trend.

A few of the companies were sold off, a couple of them I stayed with through the transition and a couple others I didn't because the writing was on the wall.

The folks currently at the helm of CCS are not, at least IMO, "business minded people" and based on the snippets in this thread, they come across as people who are of a "don't like it then leave" mindset and that is nearly always a recipe for disaster.

GixxerBlade likes this.
  8. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Maybe Ill get into the transponder long teem leasing business. Oh wait they already are leases. Shit

9. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Personally I would had rather you guys had bought CCS. Ran as 2 separate companies but same rule book.

I could see charging someone who for example, ignored a debris flag wave off and dumped oil all over (like what happened at BHF when someone ignored the wave offs and oiled the track from 3A all the way to T2 before crashing in their own oil). But if someone gets collected and their bike comes down hard enough to crack the block/case cover, it shouldnt. Definately charge anyone who still has normal antifreeze and drops it.

You'd make better money if you lay off pies.:Poke::p:D

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I was in the software business for 20 years and once had a good competitor that was bought out and started going downhill. As a salesman, I loved it, really helped my business.

It sure would be cool if WERA could take advantage of all these CCS mistakes and take a chunk of that business. As a business owner, it is hard for me to believe these guys are making those kind of changes . Those changes would piss off any "cheap ass" racer, which IMO almost all of us are, because every expense is measured in sets of tires. :)

11. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

We appreciate and love y'all!!

mpusch likes this.
  12. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Sounds like a complete cluster fuck

Michael Hausknecht likes this.
  13. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

at least they canned the big late fee for entering races, if you pre enter 5 races before the cut off time.. they at least have that goin for them now. it was a bit steep before.

Gino230, Bruce and Senna like this.
  14. Yamaboy

Yamaboy Active Member

Your dedication is the difference between an organization simply conducting business events, and an organization that feels like home. There aren't words to express my appreciation for participating in WERA events. I know that thank you's hold no monetary value, but in my opinion they should also not be overlooked.

5axis, voss555 and mpusch like this.
  15. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

That is about a Bud move. Instead he could have said that early/on time entries make the event run smoother. Therefore a premium on late entries is for the extra last second work that diverts from other tasks.

In other words don't call your customer dumb. Even if you want them gone it looks bad for those you want to keep. Focus on how you are trying to improve not on negatives.

GixxerBlade likes this.
  16. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

to me it makes them look like they're back peddling. if you make a crappy rule change, stick with it for the season and change it for 2024. dont keep making changes mid season. it gives the impression that you are trying to save your ass because no one is signing up for your races anymore.

within two weeks they went from
    - $125, no exceptions
    - $125, except if you pre-reg and are adding races
    - $125, except if you are adding 5+ races

which brings it to another point. since they're not doing twin sprints, is 5+ races only available for 600's or riders with multiple bikes?

MELK-MAN likes this.
  17. Murcielago311

Murcielago311 Well-Known Member

For me to get five races on an r3, three of them are against 400s. Result of allowing some bigger bikes in the ULW class this season, so I don't run ULW any more.

18. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

don't disagree, but it's still like that ccs is saying "ok, we made a mistake" or whatever, and is correcting it.
    And from what i was reading on the FB post, Arnold Hastings pointed out there are no more twin sprint weekends.. and many were saying this really does put the 1000 bikes out, as they are not able to do 5 races UNLESS they are 40+ yrs old ..

19. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

You should really try and make it out to Hastings, Nebraska. The little bike grid is stacked with like 15+ bikes, but it’s more of a track day org with two races at the end of the day than true sanctioned racing.

20. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

They have some fanboys of evole posting towards long time racers like they are some fucking 18yr noobs. Some just cant help themselves calling people asking questions idiots or calling people who just cant pre-enter due to work issues as 'not serious racers' or 'poor'. I wouldnt be surprised if most of those fanboys just do trackdays and have never raced anything.