1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 Ford f250 gasser

Discussion in 'General' started by casjoker, Jul 7, 2017.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

6th in my '03 was .73:1
    6th in my '05 is .79:1

As soon as this thing needs a clutch I'm pulling that G56 and putting my NV5600 in. Won't be much but I prefer the NV anyways.

2. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

The Cummins get the best mileage from what I've seen then the Duramax and the powerstrokes have been the worst. The new aluminum Ford's may have helped change that not sure. I drive all 3 at work and glad I own the Cummins. Maybe our work trucks are shit but I'm real glad I don't own a Ford, the ones we have ride like shit.

3. BC

BC Well-Known Member

:stupid: I was rolling down a mountain in West Virginia in my Duramax recently, towing a 42,000lb excavator and got an indicated 29 MPG. When it hit 30MPG this little hand popped out from under the seat and started rubbin' my balls. It scared the shit out of me but it was glorious.

I needed fuel so I stopped at the next exit. When I got to the pump, there was a sign that said " FREE FUEL FOR ISUZU'S". I'll never drive anything again.

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

:beer:

casjoker likes this.
  5. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Did you go through 2 jeeps and 3 motors like a buddy of mine?

6. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Did a bunch of online research on MPG for various configurations and drove a bunch of trucks today. I think I have it narrowed to either a 2017 F250 6.7 or the 2017 Duramax. Dodge was ok but not there seem to be more complaints about the Dodge than Ford or GMC. MPG on Dodge was the best but felt down on power a bit compared to the other two. Gassers were ok but nothing close to the diesel power. Seems like the Duramax gets slightly better mpg but really like the interior size and overall look of the Ford. Little worried about buying a 1st model year vehicle. Duramax is hard to find, especially lower trim models. Fords are more plentiful...should I take that as an indicator as to which is preferred/better?

7. Lavana

Lavana The coming

I have a 2015 which I believe has the same engine as the 2017. Have had it two years 50k miles. No problems except for batteries dying on me. Mpgs are not great.

8. casjoker

What's not great? Looks like the Ford is getting around 14 Avg and the Chevy is around 16. That's from Fuelly.com. I have a lead foot and saw 18mpg highway and 11 towing 7500lbs in my 06 Duramax. It seems mpg is about the same with the 2017 trucks.

9. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

17' gasser and diesel get power improvement. 25 ftlbs for gas 40ft lbs for diesel.

I have a 16' F250 gas. I just ordered a 17' diesel. At 6-7 MPG towing I said F-it!

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Umm. That sucks.

11. casjoker

Yes, it sucks the 2017 gets the same mileage as the 06. Not sure if that sucks overall but I don't do less than 80 on the hwy, 70 towing and the 06 lived in Maine, winter diesel killed my mpg. Before the switch in fuels or when I could get "off road diesel" I would regularly see 20-21.

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Does Maine have the biodiesel mandate shit that Minneshitholia has? I *knock on wood* never had a filter wax up. Can't say I ever saw a drop in fuel economy over the winter that wasn't attributed to extended idle times.

13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I got a 2017 6.4 Ram 2500 Gasser and have been very very happy... Never been a Dodge fan but I really like this truck...

14. casjoker

Not sure what they require now I moved in 2007. May be extended idles were the issue. I would leave it running forever when it was below zero.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

What, like twice? :p

casjoker likes this.
  16. casjoker

I have had several Dodge/Jeep products never had an issue with the drivetrains but the rest of the vehicle seemed a little on the cheap side. I am going to give the Ram a second look today.

17. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Look at the Tradesmans.... I bought my 17... Carpet Delete ect... 6.4, 3:73 4X4 for 31K OTD..... It was the day before X-Mas but it was a hella deal....

18. casjoker

So far the Ram is the best price point with the most options. Tradesmen diesel with spray in liner, running boards, XM radio is $48, 232 OTD. Can't touch a Ford or GM for under $52,000. GM/Chevy are few and far between in this area. Lots of Fords but higher trim levels. The Ram definitely feels down on power compared to Ford and GMC, which they are unless you get the HO engine and Aisin transmission. More than enough power though. Looked at a few used ones but they are rentals and seem not well loved for under 20,000 miles. Ram still has 5/100,000 powertrain warranty. Other two are only 60,000 warranties.

19. casjoker

Oh, and the Ram gives a way better ride than the other two. GM was a buckboard, Ford in the middle of the two.

20. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I have the Aisin in mine- it was the main reason I went with the srw 3500.

Btw, the TFL had the 2017 diesel dually diesels on the dyno in a shootout and the Cummins put down 40-50 more torque to the rear wheels than both Ford and Duramax despite having "only" 900 in the spec column.