1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 Ford f250 gasser

Discussion in 'General' started by casjoker, Jul 7, 2017.

1. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

Sorry I'm late to the party and didn't read all 11 pages....I bought a new Cummins back in the fall, 2017 tradesmen with 6speed manual. This is my first diesel and I couldn't be happier, I think I paid $46,000 OTD (it was a 2017 in November of 2016). If I hadn't been so stubborn on wanting a 6speed my sales guy had a 2016 automatic on the lot that he was gonna let me take for $42,000.... she got 13.6 from Fitzgerald GA back to Frederick Maryland towing this thing on Monday with the cruise set on 72
    RenderedContent-21934099-35B2-4334-88ED-9A72DD25398D.JPG

masshole, Razr and casjoker like this.
  2. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

I won't get started about my AncientHouse.....

Oh and in the "who cares category" I took my FZR up to Speedwerks. Mostly highway. 75-80mph most of the way. Set the computer before I left.
    15.1 mpg going up middle of the day.
    Came back running into rush hour on the Beltway around the 270 spur way. Got 13.1 (bike not in the back).
    But before Metricdevilmoto chimes in......I'm just curious. Don't really care how far it goes with gas at $2.05/gallon. Frankly I won't care at $4/gal either.
    The giant sunroof is AWESOME. So glad I got the 2017.
    Gooseneck, LED bed lighting and Line X line set to be installed next week.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Camaro SS with the 6.2 got 26.8 Vegas to Auto Club today. Can't haul a bike in it tho. It does however haul ass pretty well.

grady anderson likes this.
  4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

The LED bed lighting is PIMP!

bleacht likes this.
  5. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Yeah it is. Way better than my previous Titan's halogen lights.

6. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

My 97 2500 Suburban with a 5.7 won't get 16 even if I drive it off a cliff. Pulling a trailer it gets about half that.

7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

The older 5.7s definitely don't get as good of mileage as the newer truck. I have a 2000 2500 and the best I've gotten on a road trip is about 14. That was running 65 last fall going deer hunting.

8. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

14 out of my 2000 K2500 last fall is the best its gotten. The 5.7's aren't mileage makers.

9. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Bored&Stroke's must be, said he gets 16 towing.

10. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Yeah well....

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd love a Yukon or Burban for occasional behind the RV or road trip duties but the mileage doesn't make it worth it. I can get crap mileage in the Jeep already :D

V5 Racer likes this.
  12. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Indeed I do. From Phoenix to Arroyo in New Mexico or to Chuckwalla in CA. No hills for the most part makes it easy. The crappy part is even with an unloaded 5x8 the wind resistance will pull it down to that range. Being lowered lets the air flow just smash into the trailor front.

V5 Racer likes this.
  13. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

24% better mileage isn't significant ?

14. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Not to me it's not. That's the same as you giving me $8.40 and then throw another $2.70 on top of it....gee, nice gesture, but a whole $2.70? meh.

If I'm spending $8000 more for a diesel engine, i better be getting more than 2.7 miles per gallon/pennies in return for my investment.

15. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

Well if it only costs $100 to drive to the track instead of $124 I’d be happy.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

24% is huge money at the end of the year.