1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 Ford f250 gasser

Discussion in 'General' started by casjoker, Jul 7, 2017.

1. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

I wonder what the tires were inflated to between the three, that'll make a pretty big difference when empty. The gm/chevy dealers I've been to usually run the tires to max psi to stop the tpm from coming on but they can be reset to a lower psi.

I have a 2015 gmc duramax and had a 2011 prior. Only thing I had to do was brakes and oil/filter changes.

2. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

He has me beat. Mine just sat in the service bay for weeks at a time.

3. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Found a 2016 z71 duramax with 9000 miles. Dodge has come a long way. Fords were nice too. Stayed with what I knew as I have most owned GM trucks [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Razr, TLR67, sharkattack and 5 others like this.
  4. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I found a 15 F250 with the 6.2 gasser. 4WD, 3.73, extended cab short bed. Rubber floors, cloth seats. 92k on the clock for $20,900. Truck is 20 miles from me but it's a fleet vehicle out of New Mexico so it's rust free.

It's everything I want except I would prefer a quad cab, but I don't need it. Well, I'd like a king ranch and all that shit but I'm not a baller and I'd rather spend the money on bikes. No kids at home, 90% of the time it's just me in there. I live a mile from work and ride whenever possible, I usually average around 200 miles a month during summer, maybe 400 during winter. So the high miles don't concern me that much. I live in the city and park on the street often so I don't want an 8' bed. (I know, it's not a real truck ;))

Thoughts?

5. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I'd rather have an older low mileage unit then a newer high mileage, but thats me.

6. Scotty87

They also have a 15 quad cab short bed with 14k on it for 29. It's pretty much the same truck but in the pics it looks like it has vinyl, and that's a deal breaker for me. I didn't know they even made vinyl seats anymore. I'm also not sure that 4 full size doors and 75k fewer miles is worth 9 grand to me.

Pudge likes this.
  7. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

Sounds like you're looking at gas trucks, you could probably find a new one pretty close to 30k OTD. Personally I'd stay away from a fleet vehicle unless it was dirt cheap and neither one of those sound very cheap.

BigBird likes this.
  8. Scotty87

Supposedly this dealer gets them all from the New Mexico forestry department or something similar to that. I suppose fleet vehicles are somewhat of a toss up, depending on if they had maintenance schedules that were adhered to. Buddy of mine bought an Expedition from this dealer a couple years ago and it's been great for him so far.

I can't find anything new anywhere close to 30k OTD. Especially in a 3/4 ton. Sad to say, but ~20k for a truck did seem cheap to me.

My current truck is 12 years old and has 130k on in, but I haven't had any real issues with it aside from some minor electrical gremlins. I don't need to sell it, but I'm getting to the point where I'd like to get into something else. Current truck is 2wd, which is kind of a pain in the winter and at a couple boat launches.

9. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

I should rephrase that, $20k with 92,000 miles on a base model gas engine fleet truck doesn't seem that low to me. Fleet can be hit or miss. Most guys don't treat things that aren't theirs very nice so they can be beat to hell. I'd have to look around but when I bought my Cummins I saw some pretty good deals on gas trucks.

10. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

11. casjoker

Pretty sure Jim codgill dodge here in Knoxville advertises a new 2500 crew cab gas truck for $29,990. Not saying you should drive to Knoxville but may be a reference point for what a dealer should be able to do. There were several ford and Chevy work trucks for around $32-34k. I think Chevy is doing 14% off on most of their trucks during the month of July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Huh. You guys are making our Canadian prices here seem pretty good. F150 4x4 crewcab 5.0 for 36000 plus taxes. That's Canadian pesos. Exchange rate is 78c on the dollar. Makes it out to 28k usd. No wonder all our used trucks are going south.

13. Scotty87

I went to their website, best I could find was 36. If he really is doing 30k on new 3/4 ton 4x4 tradesmans I would fly in and drive back.

14. casjoker

It may be worth giving them a call. It was a TV advertisement. I will see if I can find the add. It was on TV about a week or two ago I think just before the 4th of July. That's for gas, not diesel.

15. Scotty87

I want gas. Diesel is silly for me.

bored&stroked likes this.
  16. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

No, No, No! You must buy a diesel!

eggfooyoung likes this.
  17. Scotty87

What was I thinking. My 19' runabout and single axle trailer clearly needs 800ft lbs.

Thank you for catching me before I really fucked up.

18. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

That's why I'm here, to point out the obvious.

19. Scotty87

I still can't believe I missed it. I mean, what if I had tried to pull that boat AND had a couple passengers in the truck?!?

20. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

You wouldnt even make it out of the driveway!

418, bleacht and TurboBlew like this.