1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 Ford f250 gasser

Discussion in 'General' started by casjoker, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And you canadians do look alike...

2. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

You sonofabitch! I fart in your general direction.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I ain't one of these fair haired pasty ass motherfuckers. :mad:

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

And ain't any of us stoppin ya from leavin!

5. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

My Cummins gets better than 20 mpg empty- I could probably stretch it to 23 mpg if I can go within the speed limit on the highway . It actually gets better mpgs empty than the 2011 Tacoma it replaced and also can tow about 4 times more because it has 865 lbs. torque bone stock. It doesn't get 20 mpgs when towing but can pull just shy of 18k lbs on the bumper and I've had my trailer loaded to about 14k lbs and towed it without a single issue whatsoever.
    It's not perfect. None of them are and I've gone through a lot of German and Japanese cars, suvs and trucks but it's a damn good truck that's not short on luxury or performance.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And what does that have to do with you and Putterslut looking like a couple of powdered donuts? :confused:

7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

But you aren't claiming you get the same mileage loaded or empty, like so many guys have. The "can't even tell I have a trailer on" is my favorite tho. Hell, I could feel a 2 place steel trailer behind my dually. Not saying it was dramatic, but I could certainly feel it.

8. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

You can go back east and not see us.

9. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

It's interesting how some guys get 12 mpg empty and lightfooting it and some claim to get 20.
    Is reality somewhere in between...?

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Gee, will that make Mongo not mistake your translucence for my opaqueness? :rolleyes:

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If someone is only getting 12mpg empty in a diesel they're doing something really wrong. I get better than that in the Dodge with the gas engine. It also would get close to 20 highway being good - before ethanol.

12. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Yup- the "can't feel the trailer" is either bs or an indication of their driving skills.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I pull 18-ish unloaded with the tuner blowing soot. 4.10 gears suck. With the snot this thing has it ought to be rolling on a 2.73 ratio.

14. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

My 2001 5.4 has 325,000 miles on it. I kept it.
    The diesel option for the 2017 model is over $9k plus the other packages the inevitably tack on putting it way over ten grand more. 10 grand more at resale? I doubt it.
    But I have no dog in this fight. I made my decision and love my new truck. For my hauling needs it is perfect. And it sounds awesome.

15. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

4.10 doesn't help with mpgs but it's the norm with duallies from what I've seen. Mine's 3.43 if I'm not mistaken.

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

2001 F250 gasser for $5,900

2001 F250 stinkfuel for $12,250

Twice the value after 16 years?

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

If you've got a 3rd gen or newer 4.10 and 3.73 are the only ratios available AFAIK. My '01 2500 had 3.55 and my '03 3500 SRW was 3.73. I've been looking for aftermarket options to give this thing a 14-1500 rpm 70mph ratio but there is nada out there for the American Axles shit.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm sure everyone can feel a trailer, it's just not remotely driving the truck is all.

Then again, I cannot tell if the Jeep is behind the rv or not without the camera...

19. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

My dually had 3.73s and with the stick needed either taller gears or another gear. Interstate unloaded was a waste of fuel. Got better mileage driving around town.

20. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

I had a '14 Grand Cherokee 3.0 Diesel. I now have a '17 Grand cherokee 5.7 gas. The gas is the better vehicle in my opinion. I would never own a 3.0 diesel again, but that's a whole 'nuther story for another time.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017