1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

“I need to see everyone’s ID...”

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Yankee Scum!

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

What does you and Kenny’s sex life have anything to do with it? :eek::D

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dunno, I'm sure there's some idiotic law about proving your age drinking in public or the like.

Phl218 likes this.
  4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I didn't call it a buggy. I call them parking lot cock roaches.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They are nuts.

coke
    stick or manual (for the fancy peeps)
    bag
    cart

6. Venom51

My sex life is completely private. Even the wife knows very little about it. :D

Sabre699 and Funkm05 like this.
  7. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Yeah, I understand the why, just not the how. Meaning, how is it enforceable. I'd guess that part of it is who is doing the enforcing. If it's fines and having their license suspended, I could see how stores wouldn't have a leg to stand on. If it's lawsuits, it seems like a good lawyer should be able to fight the allegations.
    lol, I was wondering where the line was.

8. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Sure they do. They're just too dumb, afraid and/or lazy to do so. I sure as hell don't follow all the "rules" at my job, but since I do good work and plenty of it they have not fired me (going on 18 years). Enforcement is all over the place at my local Kroger- when buying alcohol one teller will glance at me and it hit the "ok" button, another will ask to see ID, another will ask for my DOB. Walmart employees seem more downtrodden, but 95% of the time they don't ask to see a receipt from me (while stopping others). I'd call that exercising discretion.

Gorilla George likes this.
  9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

So you don't call it a buggy? Yankee scum.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Both - and fighting lawsuits is great but it still costs a shitton of money.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just because they suck at their job doesn't mean they have discretion. Their actions don't change corporate policy.

12. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

were
    That's nothing to how he drives (self-reported).

13. Venom51

Worse..I'm from Louisiana. I may be partly French Canadian scum.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

That's what happens to me at HEB as well. I guess Kroger and HEB employ people smart enough to tell when someone is well over 21.

I do agree with Chris though. When I have been legally consuming alcohol for longer than the teller has been alive and they ask me for ID that tells me that management is trying to cover the fact that they are inept with stupid blanket policies. At the risk of getting a bit Dungeony, it is interesting how people think that it is OK to ask for ID from everyone in the group for something as insignificant as alcohol purchases but consider asking for ID for other things to be so bad...

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We're well past a bit dungeony, I've just been too lazy to move it :D

crashman likes this.
  16. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I was born in Biloxi and spent my first 6 years in Gulfport. I know them peeps. They crack me up with their accent.

17. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Believe what you want. You're entitled to be wrong, too. :Poke:

motoracer1100 likes this.
  18. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Because it’s something a 7 year old would say.

I know because my daughter is 7 and she says that all the time.

19. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Fixed.

20. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Vs the risk of thousand of dollars in fines if they did sell it? Yeah, they’ll take the no-sale.

TurboBlew likes this.