1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guys whose wives back them up.

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Oct 10, 2016.

1. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

My wife and I support each other all the time. We might not always agree and will have discussions about our concerns. Dern nailed it when he mentioned respect. I respect my wife's opinion and she respects mine.

panthercity likes this.
  2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I agree......Dern nailed it. Respect is crucial.

I remember all the years I worked in software. I knew if she was with me at a sales meeting, client meeting, user conferences, Christmas party, etc. I knew she wouldn't screw up or embarrass me with colleagues.

I'm probably worse for her, as I try and joke around so much, I may push to close to the line.

3. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

a man has to continually earn and maintain the respect of his wife for the overall health and stability of the relationship. the reverse just isn't true. mutual respect is nice and cool if you have it, but it isn't an absolute requirement.

panthercity and BrianC636 like this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

What do you get when you don't respect your wife?

To taste another man's cock when you kiss her.

5. Cuddles de Sade

the lies we tell ourselves to not face the cruel reality.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

What reality? That you like the taste of cock? :Poke:

7. Cuddles de Sade

I know you're fucking about, but it's simply the one you choose to not see.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Which one is that? Don't be obtuse, lay it out in plain Ingrish and fill me in on what I'm missing.

Bro's don't let bro's be ig'nant ho's. :moon:

9. Cuddles de Sade

any man that thinks that 'well my woman's different' is lying to himself...their happiness has less to do with her and far more to do with him even if he doesn't realize it. often times it might be true...at that moment she certainly is different than the laundry list of failed relationships on here...because of who he's being at that time. when circumstances change for the worse, at some point so does her loyalty and respect. it's biological, it's subconscious and it's a brutal truth. every man wants to think that his woman is the special snowflake, that she's going to love you unconditionally. that's a fucking fairy tale.

the irony to my viewpoint is that it's almost always the guys who are in a successful relationship that are the most resistant to seeing any truth in it...they're naturals and don't understand their success.

10. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Wow, I feel sorry for you......

26th anniversary this week and going strong, not too bad for someone that said they'd never get married. :moon:

11. Cuddles de Sade

congrats and good work, Sir.

12. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Bullshit. Marriage is hard work on both sides. Been married for 14 years and counting and by no stretch of the imagination have those years been easy. I owe a great deal of my success due to my wife's support and vice versa. We have had a few very bad moments in our relationship and her loyalty and respect were never in question. I was being a jackass and she treated me accordingly.

pscook and panthercity like this.
  13. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Part of me wants to agree with this and part wants to call bullshit. I think you are correct in that if you do not demand respect (in any relationship), there are shitty people of both genders that will take advantage. If you are unwilling to give respect, any person with any sense of self worth will eventually find a way out.

14. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

22 years here. She doesn't and we are splitsville in just a few weeks. Cannot wait to be on my own. Best 130 lbs I'll ever lose.

cav115 likes this.
  15. Cuddles de Sade

I'm sorry if I contradicted and insulted your once in a lifetime precious pairing...:rolleyes:

16. Cuddles de Sade

as men we all too often put ourselves in a position to no longer be respected. it's our own fault, but you see it time and time again here in the series of failed relationship threads. if we treat ourselves better, respect ourselves first...the rest will come easy.

cav115 likes this.
  17. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I've told mine many times we won't make it through the zombie apocalypse.

"Ma, fetch me the shotgun."
    "Why? Why do you need the shotgun, what are you planning on doing, what's blah blah blah?"
    Chomp chomp chomp...
    "Nevermind"

418, DaveB, DrA5 and 2 others like this.
  18. Cuddles de Sade

Let's all take a moment of silence and honor the future zombie apocalypse memory of Kurt's wife...:D

V5 Racer likes this.
  19. nhammond54

nhammond54 Hammond Brothers Racing

God bless!! Did you marry my exwife!! LOL

VFR#52 likes this.
  20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

One of the primary reasons I will not ever consider a marriage or even a long term relationship anymore. That bullshit is just tiring and nonsensical, and a mutually beneficial relationship between 2 parties should not be built upon such dubious auspices.

Every time I hear that quintessential and oft repeated phrase "marriage is hard WORK", I laugh and reply that I've already got a job that pays me pretty good...I've got no desire to take on a 2nd job that not only does not pay me but instead drains my funds.

I believe the phrase you're looking for is the old...

"Its not your woman, its just your turn."