1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guys whose wives back them up.

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Oct 10, 2016.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'd rather have my boys back me up than a woman. When the shit goes down the only thing most women are going to be able to do is inflame the situation worse by inserting themselves into it.

2. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was my life.

I guess you can say I am out on this conversation because my back was very cold

3. My wife is pretty good to me, lets me do a lot, buy what I want, etc... It's also reciprocal though, guess that is what I think marriage should be, your opinion may vary (and I'm sure a lot will).

pickled egg likes this.
  4. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I think my biggest issue is the automatic assumption that I am in the wrong, before any facts and context is discovered or sorted out.

5. That's a given in any marriage :)

6. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I have to admit.. Despite a few instances where the possibility of me ending up in a hospital trying to relive my 20's (playing rugby and motocross), my wife has been right there by my side. And equally so, I was right there when she decided to dive head first into her hobbies. I think in our age, we have just gotten better at communicating with one another and that has saved many an argument.

The only thing I can say is I wish you all the best.

GSmann, DrA5 and Boman Forklift like this.
  7. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

that's actually a rather large warning sign about the how your wife views you...as a child, without the respect normally given to a husband and partner, let alone as a man.

the conventional viewpoint is all over this thread..."egg got the one good one"...that's all bullshit. it's up to you to be the man she can look up to and respect. if you're doing everything you need to do, she'll be as supportive as the day is long...if not you get the henpecking non-sense. it's that simple.

she's merely responding to the inputs you're giving...don't blame the bike, blame the rider :p

Chino52405, DrA5 and Lawn Dart like this.
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

9. Cuddles de Sade

for giving you credit for creating a relationship where your woman respects you?

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

For not recognizing that I didn't create the relationship.

She and I did. ;)

pscook, Boman Forklift and TSC_113 like this.
  11. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Not always.

Sometimes you can be the man and do everything right, and still be out of luck with some women.

12. Cuddles de Sade

it's as simple as if you're woman isn't looking up to you, she's looking down on you. take your pick.

by all accounts you have a good relationship and partnership...that's a direct reflection on you. of course all that happy horseshit about 'it takes two...' blah blah. just don't discount the hardwired subconscious shit that's going on.

DrA5 likes this.
  13. Cuddles de Sade

of course this is speaking in generalizations. there are always outliers...they don't change the reality.

cav115 likes this.
  14. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Mine backs me up 100% especially in a crowd, its only later in private that she calls me a dumb ass :D

Kidding, if she can't back me up on something she stays pretty quiet about it but for the most part she supports everything I do.

panthercity and Cuddles de Sade like this.
  15. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I feel for some of you. :(

panthercity likes this.
  16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Yep. And every man that comes along will be out of luck with that woman, too.

cav115 likes this.
  17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

She's looking back at me. Until I bounce her noggin off the headboard, that is ;)

She looks up to me. And down on me. And she manages somehow to meet in the middle and look me in the eye.

When you've got that, your relationship doesn't need to be a power play.

Of course it is. It's also a direct reflection on her.

What's missing from every post in this thread is a single word: respect.

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You're doing it wrong. ;)

When the shit goes down mine will be reloading mags and tending my wounds.

cav115 and Newsshooter like this.
  19. Cuddles de Sade

what was disrespectful, exactly?

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Nothing was disrespectful.

I'm saying that the missing "it" in all the posts is a discussion about the role respect plays in fostering a relationship.