1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WorldSBK I Round 10 I Jerez, Spain | Sep. 24-26

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2021.

1. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

How do you know “only few riders expressed this”, were you there talking to them, or is something you just pulled out of your ahole?

2. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I gotta say that toprak is the first non-American I’ve been really excited about watching in a long time. His ability on the brakes is nothing short of mind blowing at times, his poise is impeccable, and he has brilliant race craft. Dude is truly a joy to watch.

3. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

According to MotoGP.com, a few riders had interest in not continuing for the day. Good enough, Dick.

4. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I thought Ben Spies was working with him.
    Regardless, is it just him and a mental issue? I certainly don’t know that. Was he directed by Yamaha in some way such as to stay out of the battle, not pass, not crash, or whatever?? Is there a bike element to this? After being virtually identical to the factory bike in terms of speed he is now consistently one of the slowest bikes. That could be his riding or any number of setup changes they suddenly decided to make that are different from the factory. It’s all just speculation. There is a story there, but the easy thing is to just say GG is the problem. Even the announcer said “..Gerloff is just having another miserable weekend..”. While that’s true, the reasons behind it all remain speculation.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

6. Why I stated “it seems” as I was making an assumption. It was very clear that he wouldn’t make a pass to save his life after his last penalty so regardless of what they may or may have not done with the bike there is certainly something else there. Either way it sucks as few mistakes aside he was having a decent season.

7. He sure is fun to watch, has a very loose style and f me he is crazy on the brakes. SLO Mo of him braking is nuts, you can see him modulating the brakes just enough to keep from going over the bars. That’s what I’d call on the damn limit. He also doesn’t seem to be a ride for the championship type or rider which always makes him exciting to watch.

8. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Agree. He’s a damned magician under braking. Never seen anyone get that crossed up sideways wheel in the air and not crash. And, he seems totally genuine also. He likes TopCat too, an old ass American cartoon…lol

9. 418

418 Expert #59

His teammate had a DNF and a 13th this weekend.

He also currently 14th in standings while GG is 8th. Still top independent.

Are y'all watching some alternate reality WSBK that I'm not aware of?

10. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

11. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

I watch him and think of Schwantz, love it.

The Beer Hunter likes this.
  12. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

I think we would all like to see Gerloff push more, but long-term for him its probably best to keep it clean and bring home top independent.

13. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Exactly. Cry me a river with the cowardice comments against Marquez. Hate him all you want but Rossi did the same shit and we love both of em for it.

418 and Steady T like this.
  14. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Bassani will likely overhaul GG for that award if the last 1/3 of a season is anything to go by.

mike574 and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  15. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

There is a big difference between being really good and being great. He was on his way to greatness from the end of last year through the beginning of this year and has moved back to really good.

Do you think he deserves a shot at a MotoGP ride like he’s had in the past based on his last 4-5 weekends? I’m a huge fan, but I don’t.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  16. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

17. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Thoughts like this are why I wish I knew the whole story. If it is entirely a mental thing on him, then I agree. But what if there is more to the story? Wishful thinking on my part i guess.

And this rate, he will definitely fall to 9th behind Bautista (who has been quite good lately) and maybe fall behind Bassani. It will be close for 9th/10th.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  18. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

19. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Toprak !
    Never been so happy to see those bitch boys at Kawi not have pace.

20. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

I don't know if oyu've ever been in a wknd event (race) where a fellow racer has passed away ?
    I have and I wasn't able to do my race... just couldn't. Not out of respect for the racer's death but more on the psychological side of it. :(