1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WorldSBK I Round 10 I Jerez, Spain | Sep. 24-26

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2021.

1. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Interesting take from Scott Redding regarding the death of Vinales. I guess he's just another guy trying to kill motorcycle racing :rolleyes:

"So you have to ask yourself what is different today than it was ten or 15 years ago. I know: the races today are much closer. Everyone is on the same level today. The rules of balance ensure that we see great racing. But if 40 15-year-olds are on the same motorcycle within a second, then anything can happen at any time. "

"I'm surprised that an accident like this didn't happen earlier," said the Englishman. “I don't watch the 300 races because I'm scared to death. They are too close together, I expect an incident at any time. Ten or 15 years ago there were two who could leave. Then three others followed. Back in the 125s there was a maximum of one group of five or six drivers, not 20. If you have a train with 15 drivers today and something happens to the third, the fourth, fifth, and sixth might come by. But then someone comes along who can no longer avoid it."

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Could it happen? Yep. Considering there are plenty of people who think football should be banned I don't think it would be any easier to do the same to motorsports.

henry_carlson likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

4. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Don’t worry what Mat writes, however if kids continue getting killed in accidents like we have had in past 4 months, televised youth racing will end fairly quickly.

418 likes this.
  5. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

If I take a bigger view of this and look at youth motorcycle roadracing at the world level, I just don't see the need for it. I think the kids should be racing at the national level at the most until they are at least 16. At the world level I think there needs to be a hard cut-off to limit the field to around 30 bikes max. If you can't make the field then you are too slow for world championship level racing. I also think the smallest bikes that should be raced at the world level are a bigger twins class, like the MA twins class for superbike and the Moto3 bikes should be 450s, so there might be a bigger spread of bikes and smaller packs.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I remember when drafting and strategy and setting up for passes by watching your competitors’ weaknesses were skills to be admired.

Sabre699 likes this.
  7. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

Are you Keith Huewen???

Joking.

Keith said basically the same thing on this weeks Crash MotoGP Podcast.

I totally agree with you about using 450. Literally every manufacturer makes one, and there is already a huge amount of aftermarket support.

8. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Disproportionate not irrelevant.

418 likes this.
  9. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

BJ pops out of the slipstream and relegates Egg to the back of the pack! Can he respond?

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I could channel my inner Skip Salenius, but you ball rubbers would cry like little bitches. :D

TLR67 likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I agree and even the national level has gotten too young. Especially here, seeing too many kids "go Pro" and the family runs out of money because they haven't done enough local racing to build relationships and sponsors.

rpj and 418 like this.
  12. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

I think it would be closer/better racing 'IF' they gave the KRT the revs back.

:dead:

13. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

No SCX tore for the rest of the season. Did stopraks advantage just get taken away?

svracer22 likes this.
  14. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

make up call smh