1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WorldSBK I Round 10 I Jerez, Spain | Sep. 24-26

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2021.

1. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

i think it was upsetting the riders to hear about the news mid/ post race. iirc fabio (?) was especially distraught about it. and like everything else, we only hear from those loudly upset

2. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

I’m guessing They are keeping the video off the website which is good, not that I wanted to see it now that I know the outcome.
    Godspeed and god bless his family!

3. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

It has to be in their mind, even thought they know the consequences, they are human. Trying to concentrate and race while knowing this news can’t be easy!

The Great One and sbk1198 like this.
  4. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

RIP

Many of us have continued on with a day with a fatality for various reasons, but I know I can say I have never done it, nor would I, if I knew the rider or family or close friends involved. I've been fortunate to only have a day like that once and I was able to be selfish about needing to get back out there for me. These guys don't need that and likely know each other too well for racing to matter for many team members in the paddock.

Yzasserina likes this.
  5. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Pretty standard procedure when someone dies in a racing incident. MotoGP canceled too when SIC58 died back in 2011. Kinda depends on the situation too though. If it's confirmed pretty quickly they usually cancel.

6. 418

418 Expert #59

My excitement about this weekends racing has officially waned. RIP.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You think maybe the people who worked at the scene of the accident might want to take the rest of the day off? Or maybe the organizers want to show some respect? I get that you don't get to watch your race on TV, but damn…

8. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I was wondering why the races weren't popping up. Very sad. RIP. Is everything cancelled or are they racing tomorrow?

9. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Godspeed racer.

10. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Maybe you should go back and read, IMO. I’m not debating it. My opinion is the racing should go on regardless of the on track death. I’m sure you don’t feel that way, and that’s fine with me. And, this ain’t about me missing my TV racing…you can fuck off on that noise.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Read it again. Still missing the part where you realize that racing doesn't involve just racers. Just because a few racers want the day to go on doesn't mean it can (forget whether it should).

12. 88/532

Where I realize? I don’t need to realize, it’s an opinion. Again, its not a debate about who, why, what. Your opinion is yours, mine is mine. Btw, the fuck off was uncalled for, my apologies. Later…

13. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Not a loaded question but a question, have you been at the track when someone died?

14. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Ugh....definitely puts a pause on the track/life in general.

Fatality at a trackday at Tally back in '97, 98? maybe. Happened on Saturday and it was tough the next day, riding around the track, your bike rolling over where a fellow rider/racer took his last breath.

15. 88/532

Yes. More than once. Doesn’t change my opinion.

16. malamute

malamute ARRA racer

I've been on a race track when a fellow racer died. We did not know until a few hours later, after the races were completed. Was sad to hear. I'm sure it would have been different if we found out he died during the red flag.

RIP

Chino52405 likes this.
  17. 418

418 Expert #59

What's the point of the conversation? They stopped the racing.

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I think it's all case by case.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There was little chance of any more racing regardless of anyone's feelings anyway. At the time the superbike race was supposed to start, the commentators here reported that the track marshals still had not been allowed to move the bike.

19. 418

418 Expert #59

Yeah, I wondered what the Spanish law is in regards to the incident especially being a minor. That might play into it.

20. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Was this a Bargy day at Tally?