1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wilder vs Fury

Discussion in 'General' started by socal, Nov 30, 2018.

1. socal

socal Well-Known Member

December 1 at Staples Center Los Angeles- anyone going?? Looks to be a decent heavyweight match- both undefeated and full of hate! I like Fury's old school style of boxing.

Steeltoe likes this.
  2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Waiting.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

another mcgregor type fight. Fury only in it for the money, he has no shot.

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Wilder (40-0-0, 39 KO)
    Fury (27-0-0, 19 KO)

Lol not exactly the match-up of the century.

BigBird likes this.
  5. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

If he can keep from getting clipped in the first half of the fight he has a chance. Fury moves well for a large fighter and isn't the easiest to hit. I think it will be a good fight.

BigBird and JBraun like this.
  6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

7. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Couldn’t disagree more. If I had to bet, my money is on Wilder, but he has to land one of those haymakers and that may be a challenge with Fury’s movement.

I’ve never understood how Wilder is 40-0. I’ve never seen a more horrible technical boxer put so many people to sleep.

busa99, BigBird and SmokeSignalRT like this.
  8. JBarx

JBarx Status: None.

I tend to agree. Dude must have hands of lead.

JBraun likes this.
  9. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Look at Derrick Lewis. Technically the worst heavyweight in the UFC but damn if he lands on you its lights out.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  10. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Wilder's slap punching is priceless, but the man has some serious reach. He's vulnerable to uppercuts.

11. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Hyperbole much? :D

Far from the worst, but I get the point. The thing is, Lewis at least has some technical boxing. Wilder looks like a drunk guy in a toughman fight. Nuclear right hand though.

SmokeSignalRT likes this.
  12. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Fact. He'll knock you out from the stool.

He's never fought someone as long as Fury either so it will be interesting. I can't wait. Take my money!!

BigBird and SmokeSignalRT like this.
  13. socal

socal Well-Known Member

SeatGeek and Stubhub still showing $400 for decent seats...

14. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

That’s crazy. I’ve never been to a real marquis fight so I’d be all over that if I was home.

Unfortunately I’m in WI until Wednesday...

15. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

On AXS - $3,105 for two tickets, where I'd wanna sit. I'd gladly pay that for UFC in Vegas 'cus there's so many fights...and it's Vegas.

SECTION
    ROW
    SEATS
    13 - 14

I'll watch from home.

Fury for the win :)

SmokeSignalRT and JBraun like this.
  16. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

For Godot?

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Wow.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

$75 [emoji23]

Sent from my smatrfone

19. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Can’t wait to see this but i’ll wait until Sunday or Monday to watch on Showtime.

How can you call Wilder a technical fighter? Total opposite in my opinion. Big right hand make you go sleep. That’s about it. Saying that, he has proven he can into deep rounds.

I think Fury, if trained properly for this, is going to give Wilder a show. Very unorthodox and when he goes southpaw, he was born lefty and it’s stong as hell. He might not knock out a lot people but he’s crafty. Not many 6’9” NBA players can move like him.

Really hoping it’s a good one.

20. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Just bet Fury to win with body shot to liver in the 4th. 68 pounds, pays out 4,500 pounds.