1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wilder vs Fury

Discussion in 'General' started by socal, Nov 30, 2018.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Because boxing. Promoters ruin everything.

Scotty87 likes this.
  2. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

they really can’t get out of their own way. This is the first fight I was excited about in years and it’ll probably be the last for a while too, because... boxing.

3. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Then you've got to watch some of the other classes. Welterweight has been sensational for a looooooong time now. Some excellent fighters actually fighting each other. Guys like Lomachenko too at even lower weights than welterweight. And the fights are action packed. A lot less hugging and wrestling.

4. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I don’t doubt it. I was a huge fan up until the late 90’s early 2000s. I should have given it another go but my interest just faded, and all the bullshit with the promoters and the obvious gambling/Vegas influence turned me off. I should give it another look.

lopitt85 likes this.
  5. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Lighter classes are stacked right now, but Scotty’s right. The promoters always find a way to fuck up the fights we want to see.

Also “undefeated” is too valuable anymore. Guys have to be strategic with who they fight to stay xx-0 until their big payday.

Speaking of the little guys though, Ryan Garcia is the most exciting thing in boxing outside of Saturday’s fight. That kid is the real deal.

lopitt85 likes this.
  6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Favorite fighter right now. No Mas! Chenko. Dude is fkn lethal. Watched him two times batter dudes so badly they wouldn't come out of their corners. They just quit. I think one started crying. Never seen a man do that multiple times to people. I had to check, he's made four guys just quit. He is a joy to watch, most talented boxer on the scene imo.

7. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

There is a certain amount of irony here, considering you professing your love for Taylor Swift’s music so abruptly. :D

8. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

9. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

That article is so awful that it makes me question everything in it, including the quotes.

10. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

It probably wasn't the best source, but it was the first written article I could find on it. I think the bar for writing in general has really been lowered these days. I heard it discussed on a couple of radio broadcasts.

I remember when Ring magazine was a pretty good publication and I looked forward to reading it.

11. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Yep. Ring was dope back before “clickbait” was a word.

12. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

This is why I don't bother trying to follow boxing... How the hell are there 5 different belts for what I'm assuming is the same weight class and how can they all be seperate... I feel like one guy would hold them all and then someone would beat that guy and get them all... or can you say you're only risking a couple belts at a time? The other guy is putting up two so you only have to put up two also? haha... Nevermind, I don't really care.

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I like boxing and still watch when it's on but yeah all the belts makes it humorous when they trot out "The undisputed XYZ BBW champion of the World" and you never heard of the guy.