1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wilder vs Fury

Discussion in 'General' started by socal, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Undercard? That Joe dude didn't have time to to say "oh shi.."

2. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

This is the goofiest boxing I have ever seen.

Fury is freaking nuts.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

It's... unconventional.

4. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Gawd damn picture kept cutting out. Called direct TV, they ran a test and I lost 2 rounds.

5. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Fury = Boxing Idiot Savant

Steeltoe likes this.
  6. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

That mofo got up, holeee shzzz

Steeltoe likes this.
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Well.

Shit.

Helluva fight!

Bruh.

8. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

That was certainly entertaining.

9. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Only two rounds Wilder won were the 10-8 rounds with the knockdowns. The draw is horse shit IMO.

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I don't understand how that dude got up. I hope they're taking him to the hospital right now. Two solid licks from Wilder? Dude could die in his sleep. Unbelievable.

11. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

He got up because dude is a fucking animal :D

Steeltoe likes this.
  12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Best reddit comment :crackup:
    "Fury thanking Jesus so much in the post-fight interview because he had to come down from heaven to enter his body and resurrect him from that knockdown"

SuddenBraking and L8RSK8R like this.
  13. socal

socal Well-Known Member

One of the commentators thought Fury awoke from hitting his head on the canvas. Entertaining fight. The two knockdowns allowed Wilder to keep his title. A rematch is almost certain.

14. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

His interview after talking about mental health issues is pretty wild.

15. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I agree. The fight wasn't close, but two knockdowns are massive. It's hard give a fight to a guy who got sat down once and knocked clean out in the 12th. I was pulling for Fury, but giving him the win would have been controversial. For that reason, I'm not that mad at the draw.

The thing that's infuriating is the scoring. Rochin gave the first four rounds to Wilder. What fight was he watching? Also, how can two so-called boxing experts score the fight eight points apart? Boxing is such a shit show.

SmokeSignalRT, Bloodhound and BigBird like this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I have to thank you guys for this thread. I knew nothing of this fight before I read it here. Hell, never even heard of Wilder and only knew of Fury because of, well, that name. :D
    Since I don't have to pay extra for it, I recorded it and watched it when I got up this morning. That was a whole lot of fun. Is the jiggly white guy really that good at seeing and dodging punches, or is the brother a totally inaccurate beast who keeps throwing punches until one connects? That first knockdown, I didn't even see the punch. The second one, holy shit, how the hell did he get back up?

And I don't know anything about scoring, but that was a draw? Is Don King scoring fights now?

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I remember another fighter with Fury's style but for the life of me I can't recall the name. He's hard to anticipate and his defense is incredible. As for the scoring, well it's like any other sport that's based on judging.

George Foreman thinks Wilder won. Mayweather thinks Fury won. They are two of the greatest boxers ever but their styles and what they favor in the sport are polar opposite. The draw is fair. If the fight went to Fury after getting knocked on his ass twice when Wilder based on his knockdownswas never in trouble at all wouldn't be exactly fair. If the fight went to Wilder for his knockdowns after being out punched even though he was never hurt that's not quite right either. There is more to boxing than just connecting or dropping opponents. Bring on the rematch.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The "more" belongs in figure skating. I want to see mofos get punched and dropped.

So who is the Anthony guy that Fury was calling a chicken? OK, semi-kidding, I've heard of him. But where does he fit in this picture?

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

If you want to see guys punched and dropped then Wilder is your guy.

And Vasyl Lomachenko. That dude is frightening.

20. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

10 point must scoring is scored per round.

• Judges score on a 10-point scale. Most rounds will end 10-9, with the more dominant boxer receiving 10 points, the other receiving 9.
    • If a boxer is knocked down, he loses a point. If a boxer is knocked down twice, he loses two points. If both fighters are knocked down, the knockdowns cancel each other out.
    • While uncommon, if a fighter completely dominates a round but doesn’t score a knockdown, a judge can still score that round 10-8.
    • If a judge deems the round completely even, both fighters receive 10 points.
    • When the referee sees fit, he can take away a point or two for an intentional foul; he can do the same for unintentional ones, but that usually occurs after at least a warning.