1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wilder vs Fury

Discussion in 'General' started by socal, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That was fkn brutal. Geezus.

2. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

No kidding... in more ways than one. It wasn't pretty at all, but Wilder didn't even show up. I hope he's ok and that ear bleed was just superficial.

It looked more like a WWE fight at times. Fury seems more like a cartoon character than a real person.

3. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

Convincing

4. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Wtf is with the tongue thing?

5. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Something about wanting to taste his blood... Wilder didn't even stand a chance. It was over in the 3rd round. That 40 lb difference was obvious, especially in the clenches.

Its funny reading the comments from you guys on the previous page. :D

Newsshooter likes this.
  6. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="Its funny reading the comments from you guys on the previous page. :D[/QUOTE]
    Wilder looked like he wanted to be out doing anything but this fight. That first shot to the back of his head scrambled his brain for the whole fight from them on. Fury wanted it way more. Wilder looked slow, maybe he put on too much weight for this fight, where Fury looked much stronger with the added stone.

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Dude rode in on a throne pushed by half dressed valkrie women.

Commenced to whipping the snot out of the most feared boxer on Earth for 7 rounds.

Drank his blood.

Then sang Bye American Pie to everyone and wasn't even tired.

This is the champion the world deserves. :beer:

NemesisR6, scottn, Inst Tech and 3 others like this.
  8. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Any idea how I can watch a re-run of the fight?

Just watched highlights.
    5th round body shot was a scorcher.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I saw it on youtube. Those vids don't tend to stay up for long, though. Give it time, it'll be everywhere soon enough. entensity.net will probably have it eventually, but DO NOT visit that site A) from work, and B) if you have delicate sensibilities... you WILL occasionally be offended by something posted on that site no matter who you are.

L8RSK8R likes this.
  10. thrak410

I think he was sweating more during warm ups than he did in the fight.

11. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Yup. I didn’t get the change in plan at all but it seems pretty solid now!

I don’t think people really understand how amazing Fury’s performance was. He completely changed his strategy and executed it to perfection. I never thought he could bully Wilder like that. Fucking amazing.

Also how tough is Wilder? No quit in that guy. His corner did the right thing.

jksoft and r6fast like this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Not to take anything away from his toughness but doesn't it also say something about Fury's lack of power (relative to his size) that he had him one punch away from a knockout for at least 4 rounds and couldn't do it? He kept distilling small doses of Parkinson's disease for five rounds.

13. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

For sure. He’s never been a finisher. That’s why it’s so crazy that he put Wilder away.

14. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

All carefully choreographed to setup the third fight. ;)

15. thrak410

Yeah, cuz everyone knows how to fake a blown out ear, spilling blood everywhere, to ensure another payday :p

16. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

17. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I don’t think we’ll see a third at least for a while. Boxing being what it is, they’ll go back to the well eventually, but Joshua is next for Fury.

Kind of hard to want a rematch at this point. Fury won both fights as far as anyone who knows boxing is concerned. No reason a third would change anything. He just has Wilders number.

L8RSK8R and Steeltoe like this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Who is champion of what right now? Why hasn't Joshua fought either one of those guys yet?

19. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

I see him fighting Joshua the same way he fought Klitschko. Not exciting like this one, but enough to get the job done.

20. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Joshua holds the WBO, IBF AND WBA belts. Fury now holds the Ring and WBC belts.

Whoever wins, if they even make the fight, will be the true undisputed champ and hold all of the belts, of which there are too many IMO.

I think the last undisputed champ was Lennox Lewis.

Steeltoe and DucatiBomber like this.