1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who has been DQ'd from a race or a race weekend?

Discussion in 'General' started by njracer, Jul 17, 2012.

1. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I SO remember the blender wars!:beer:

FWIW....don't remember the fog but a lot of my Bridge memories are quite foggy!:crackup:

And now a little Bridge moment:

[​IMG]

2. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

I am pretty sure I was DQed at the GNF in 2009 as a result of a crash. After a conversation with race control and timing and scoring explaining my side I ended with a DNF instead.

3. caferace

caferace No.

It's not stealing if you give it back. :D

-jim

you DID give it back, didn't you?

4. hayes131

hayes131 Well-Known Member

Pffftt...
    I did it. EVERYBODY knows THAT.....

5. Ed Sorbo

Ed Sorbo Well-Known Member

Yes, I gave Andy's bike back before he knew it was gone. Course, he did not belive me when I told him.

6. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I was having a crappy day until now.:crackup:

Oh, and no DQs but I got black flagged for going out for practice when the track was closed. I thought pit zero was waving me out but he was telling me to stop. That was a lonely lap.

7. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Bro, he said it as a joke

8. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

I got Dq'd for parking my bike on the burm and running back on course to check on a rider I had run over after he crashed in front of us going in to T-10 at summit in 05.

9. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

:crackup::crackup:

.... and I bet youll do it again too, just sneakier. You just look like a shady ass dude who would pull stuff like that :Poke:. What with your shifty eyes and all....

You need to try to convince Blake to put one in his, THEN you go turn him in for it after helping him do it, like the 750 engine guy :D

10. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I had to choose between a dq and dnf for forgetting my transponder! I was in 2nd place and eligible for contingency too. At least they let me run the whole race. I thought I was special and everyone wanted to congratulate me when they were waving at me as I came in the pits. Doh!

11. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

I got DQd the year I was running 600 Production (1996??) as a novice in the National Series for a too tall top on an F3 tail section. I think there were something like 300 different tails (kidding, but there were a lot) available in the years from F2s and the new F3 at the time and I chose the wrong one. Was 3rd in points and someone nailed me and I lost the round's worth of points from a good finish.

I got back at the guy in front of me in points (Gregg White and Luke Yarborough were 1st and 2nd in points) as I protested him at Putnam Park for the same thing that got me... Still didn't work as I finished the year still 4th in points... :(

12. r6racer75

r6racer75 Well-Known Member

Anyone who flies the Jolly Roger should always be suspect and considered of questionable morals. BTW-that was a cool lid!

13. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

CCS Gingerman back in 04 or '05ish. Had a RZ350 motor in my TZR250 and I was racing up in some middleweight class. It was also raining.

Would have been my first podium too.

I was clueless about the rules and it passed Tech.

14. CW AF 03

CW AF 03 Aspiring has-been

Seems like that's working out pretty good so far! Keep dominating, I want to see an AMA SBK three-peat!

15. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I got protested at an AHRMA event one time for being gridded with the Lightweight Supersport bikes, running a Superbike SV650. The guy who won the SS race protested afterwards and was all up in arms. Little did he know I actually signed up for the Superbike race (which was in the same race, gridded ahead of the Supersport bikes in the next wave). Race officials just gridded me in the wrong wave. I caught up to the correct pack of riders, winning the overall race, but didn't get a win in either class.

To top it off, the guy who protested crashed in the next race and came over looking for parts to fix his bike.

16. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Man that turn one was scary! I remember my first race weekend going through there thinking I was flying then some dude on an EX500 goes blowing by me. I tried to follow him through on the next lap and hit that divit on the apex and ran off into the beach.

17. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

Last year at Tally, dq after a solo 20 for no transponder.

18. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

I remember finishing well in a 600 supersport race, and the the 3 of us were removing airbox covers in tech, Matt Lynn won .. it was a kawi contingency race with $2,000 to win. He didn't have a transponder on the bike, somehow he left it on the 1k. they were real sorry he was dq'd. I had never met him, but i was kind of expecting a bit of outrage, and requests to just fix it.. nothing of the kind. His expression on his face was clearly that of someone bummed, but he said very very little and pushed his bike back to the pits. Pro-fessional.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  19. nikk777

nikk777 Well-Known Member

I got black flagged or dq'ed or something for running in the Senior Superbike class as a novice...wasn't old enough nor even registered for it. Got the calls mistaken and rushed out thinking I was missing my race. Hell, I was getting my butt spanked out there anyways so the dq saved me some shame...

20. K Kling

K Kling Well-Known Member

Palmer was dq'd from the Solo 20 last year at Road Atlanta for not having a transponder on. They said it never even registered one lap. I couldn't understand it because i knew I had put it on that morning.

Then I found the little clip sitting on the carpet in our pit where the bike was parked. With all the stealing that was going on in the pits that round, I thought someone had stolen the transponder. Boy I was pissed. At the end of the day I rode my bicycle around the track and found the transponder against the wall just before turn 6. :clap:

I still wonder how that clip came off though. I try to believe maybe I inadvertently snagged it somehow.