1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who has been DQ'd from a race or a race weekend?

Discussion in 'General' started by njracer, Jul 17, 2012.

1. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I had a rough GNF in 2010. I got DQ'd from the CSS race for running a rear slick on a bone stock 30k mi "99 R6(gotta throw that out there lol). Wasnt trying to cheat, just couldnt afford a new DOT and a guy gave me a used slick so I ran it. lol

Same weekend I was on my EX500 running the F2 or maybe the LWTSB race... I got a great start and passed a bunch of guys. For 3 laps I would pass in turn and get wasted in the straights. Had a really good race until I got meatballed. I pulled in(pissed off) and race control told me it was for jumping the start. At that point I was super pissed off and started ranting until I finally decided to pull off. When I launched away my shift rod broke, ending my day. I became more irate and was screaming/cursing and flipping off the announcer(sorry Jeff). Turns out I actually got meatballed for blowing a line through turn 2 twice in three laps(passing the same guy). They said it was cutting the corner, guess I did gain a position doing it once. I apologized to everyone that was in the tower later that day. It was my first full season, I had the passion as I do now, just not the experience and maturity about it all.

I still blow that turn at least once a race lol.

There's a video somewhere... I'll look.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Well-Known Member

I got pulled off a CCS grid at Blackhawk Farms in 99 for running my RS125 in LWSS (I think)

It was my 2nd year of racing, it was the last race of the year, & I literally had ran the class all year......unknowingly "cheating". My argument (in my head) was that I was racing the same bikes/riders that I raced in the classes I was legal for! In all honesty, I just wanted more racing. GP singles, LWSB & the GT race just wasn't enough. Funny how all the LWSB guys were all legal for LWSS!

Unh-Hunh!

3. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

2008: Didn't get DQ'ed, but a guy told me he was going to protest me next time for my Double Bubble in Novice A-Super Stock....

We were battling for 11th and 12th place....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It was dark Limo Tinted (off my street bike) and i made the mistake of painting my number plate too high that I couldn't tuck/see anything anyway.

[​IMG]

4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

SEMRA mini race. Stark, Fl. My buddy and I got Dq'ed for not tearing down our motors that we spent a LOT of time and LITTLE to NO money on:)

Beat all the fast regulars on their cheater motors:)

I remember Ethan Ellis dad having the money ready before the race ended.

I told the Officials that no problem but there were gonna be NO racers watching our teardown and that I immediately wanted to use the porotest money to throw a protest right back on them and they said no.

So we said piss on it and left.

Our shop got calls from Powroll, engines only, and other companies telling us that a "group" was trying to find out what we had in our motors.

The funniest thing is that, if they had looked on ebay, thats just where our parts were sourced from:) We were just creative since we didnt have the pockets to compete with their dollars!

I can still literally see their faces to this day:)

5. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Ha! Ed Lato and I got pulled in from a race at Tally... we thought they said D Superbike and it was actually V5. I was soooo proud as I passed the entire field on the first lap (but knew deep down something was not right.) :D

6. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

All the transponder peeps, I thought you could pay $100 if your tx was not on the bike or not working and avoid the dq or dnf?

I guess I need to rtfrb. Although I hope to never find out lol

7. LabRat

LabRat Well-Known Member

I had a buddy that was racing SCCA cars several years back. He didn't get DQ'ed, he did however his official finishing position was fourth in a class that he was the ONLY car entered in that class in that particular race. Was penalized for passing under yellow, and the penalty was 3 on track positions. We kept that results sheet around for a while with him getting beaten by 'Nobody 1-3' on the results sheet

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  8. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

How do you pass under yellow if he was the only car in the race? Was there another class racing at the same time?

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I can beat that doucheness: guy once told me at Pocono he was going to protest me because he was showing 170 on the clocks and I pulled away from him. In practice! "There is way that bike is stock, man!"

So the guy sees a CBR900RR with WP forks, Brembo brakes, PM wheels, not to mention all the stuff you can notice when you get within 3 feet, and his clue that it wasn't stock was acceleration.

Never mind that I was only signed up for superbike races… :rolleyes:

But as far as actually getting DQed, never happened to me. That's the kind of problem fast people have, I was safe. :D

10. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Got Dq'd a few times when I was racing cars, I don't reckon we've ever been thrown out with the bike stuff.

The first time was at Boyd's Speedway towards the end of the year, I had bought a used head from a guy and never cc'd it, they had a 58cc rule for the combustion chamber in the class I was running, the one they caught me with measured 49...:D My wife is still pissed off about it.

The second time I was driving for someone else, we were using a fuel injection manifold with a adapter plate to mount a Carb to it. the rules said ANY stock manifold. There were two different types of manifolds that worked pretty well one was a cast deal, the other was a lost foam casting, ALL of the cast ones had grinding marks where they had run a scroll down them at the factory, before we installed this one we had the tech guy look at it and he agreed that it was from the factory, well I got protested at Cleveland one night when I was the only one there from the bunch I drove for. The Carb was the first thing to come off and the guy that protested imediatly started bitching about the grind marks, Bobby told him thats the way they all come, and we continue to pull the head and remove the engine so they can look at the crank. After they had cc'd the head, looked at the crank and checked the cam lift, they Dq'd me for the grind marks in the intake...

There was a three race deal with the SAS dirt series when I was working with Rex back in the mid 1990's that was the worst DQ I was associated with by far, It was on Labor day weekend and consisted of three races at three different tracks, each one paying 3,000 to win with the high point guy for the weekend getting a 1,000 bonus. The first night was rained out at Sugar Creek, We won the second race at Cleveland beating Dale Mcdowell, in a close race, the third night we finished second to Dale in another close race at Duck River Speedway, He was ten pounds light according to some and they let him go, they had rescheduled the first race for Monday night since it had rained out, it was trying to rain it out again when they pulled us out for the race it started to rain a little so they spent 15 minutes packing the track in, then they stopped everyone and let us top off with fuel, we were on Alcohol so we necked it. well just before they started the race it sprinkled again so they packed the track for another 20 minutes then started the race, rex won by a straight away, come in and cross the scales 7 pounds light... Ended up costing them 4,000 in purse and bonus money.

11. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

yup, more than one class on course at the same time..

12. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

ok... that one had me scratching my head the first time i read it :)

13. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

That's what I was thinking reading the Dits post:confused:

I call bullshit on Dits at Tally, I've watched him at Jennings when I was working grids, ran in V5, ok, DQ'd, ok.:FL:

Passed all the V5 bikes on the grid during the race, ????????????:FL:

14. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

You're such a dick.

That wasn't V5 at Jennings. It was V6LW. :D

15. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

warm up lap

:D

16. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Is the same crash you ran me over in? They should have cut up your license for hurting me. I bruise easliy.
    :)

17. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I've heard that before!

It must be true! So I'll wear that badge with honor.

I still call bullshit on you passing ALL the V5 bikes however...:Poke:

18. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

It is, unless its changed in the last few years...........dont ask me how i know. :D

19. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

That's true. However it was a solo so id rather keep the $ than the finish.

20. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Back in the '90s when I was taking care of Nick Cummings' program at the AMA Amateur Nationals at Indy, we were protested everyday for 5 events. Had to teardown the motors each day although we were found legal each time. Worked out pretty good as we had a fresh motor each day!

In '97 I built a cheater motor for a certain California kid for the week at Indy. When my daughter kicked his ass for the national title, after the end of the week on the Mile, peewee dad layed a protest on us thinking there was no way she could beat his son on the cheater motor and still be legal...Boy was he wrong. She then went back to Cali as she was good friends with his sister. Then she proceeded to kick his ass riding one of his own bikes on his home track Lodi.