1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who has been DQ'd from a race or a race weekend?

Discussion in 'General' started by njracer, Jul 17, 2012.

1. K Kling

K Kling Well-Known Member

Yeah, we use the solos for track time and practice. Palmer didn't finish high enough to be in the tire money that race so we took the dq.

2. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I can't personally confirm that this happened, but Bill Martovich (aka "FOG") relayed this same story to me on another forum at least three or four years ago.

3. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

haha. Should have used the protest money to protest his bike. :crackup:

4. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

The only race I've ever personally been DQ's from was the conference meet in high school junior varsity track.

Our varsity team had 2 future olympians running 4x800m, so I was the big fish in the little pond at the JV meet. Allegedly I took 4 consecutive steps on the infield lane-line, which is a DQ.

Nevermind the fact that I was 8 seconds ahead of the third place finisher and about 2 seconds behind the race winner. Those 4 steps obviously affected the outcome of the race <eyeroll>

Later on in the 4x800 relay, I was anchoring, and we were ahead by half a lap when I took the baton. I ran the entire race in the second lane and said "hey! I'm legal, right?" to all the officials around the track as I cruised to victory. My coach was not amused.

5. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Didn't think about it being solos. Makes sense.

6. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

2010 Barber, Middle weight solo. I was 7th or so. Forgot my transponder. Official guy stops me and says If I pay 100 bucks I will get scored.... LOL I told him on Monday I was going back to Afghanistan and could care less, I was just out there having fun :p

7. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

What happened to Nicky Cummings? Rob Zerbesias used to ride back from some of the rounds with me after he'd crew chief for Nick all weekend in like 03 I think

8. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

looking back at my picture posted.....my Galfer Wave Rotors was not Super Stock legal also, lol. That might have stood more grounds than my windscreen.

I did change to a stock screen.
    Funny because the Double Bubble was cheaper than a used stock screen lol.

9. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

BAD BAD wreck at Dayton 1/2 mile cushion in the Dash for Cash. He and both halberyt bros were fighting for the same spot on a narrow track and all 3 were delivered to the hospital with Nick getting some serious head injuries while Halberts both got broken bones.

I see him at the races and his bikes are being ridden by Dan Ingram these days and Nick is helping with the track wrenching.

Ill try to dig up a few photos of the wreck.

10. Quicktoy

Man, that's terrible to hear. Did he make a full recovery? He was pretty dern fast on a CBR600RR

11. Robby-Bobby

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nick is face down, Sammy Halbert is doing the back handspring and Jethro is practicing for a hollywood action cop movie doing a tuck roll and shoot.

12. Robby-Bobby

Talking to him, he seems normal but he knows hes not right for that kinda fight again. i sure wish that hadnt happened because he was on his way to very good things.

13. Robby-Bobby

Look closely at Sammy's arm between front fork and wheel:( Dirt trackers are a tough ass group!

14. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=36976

He is currently working with Dan Ingram who is riding Nick's XR750s. It is a shame that his career was cut short as he was a a helluva rider.

15. Quicktoy

Wow, I can't believe I never knew about that. Very sad. Thankyou both for the update and glad he survived

16. scott65

scott65 Well-Known Member

:wow: Holy crap !!

17. Quicktoy

Ya Scott, thats insane

18. Hollywood

Hollywood different breed

Back to back races at VIR in 2007, came off a 600 and went to a 650, went out and clinched a 1st place finish in a sprint race. Cool down lap I was losing my mind I was so pumped. Pulled in, was then informed at pit-in that timing and scoring had no transponder hits for me, zero credit for race. I didn't believe him until I looked up and saw the faces of my family and friends that had all come down to watch. Missed winning championship in that class that year.:down:

Super bummed. Made GIANT magnet that went on tank of 2nd bike in future back to back races that said TRANSPONDER.

19. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Never been DQ'd but have had my engine torn down 3 race weekends in a row by the same middleaged tard. He refused to believe a 19yr old drove better than he did. Nothing found illegal.

20. In the garage of the Toy Hauler i have a dry erase board and on the bottom of it, in big letters, i have...

GAS
    TRANSPONDER
    GRID POSITION

I have fucked all 3 of those things up at some point. :D

Haven't ran out of gas in a race, but ran out during the first practice session on Sunday of the GNF in '10. It went dead as i rounded T7, I didnt want the session to be messed up, so i pushed it off the track and all the way down to where there is the break in the fence.

Fuzzy was like "what happened" and i was like "it just died, must have an electrical problem" he was like :rolleyes:.

:crackup:

I messed up the transponder and grid position in the same race at Barber a couple of months ago when it was dry/rain/dry/rain all day. I had my grid positions taped to the tank of the primary bike and the transponder was on it too. At the last minute, i decided to go on the backup bike (that had rain tires mounted on it). I finished the warm-up lap, looked down on the tank for my grid spot and was like "aww fuck me".