1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who has been DQ'd from a race or a race weekend?

Discussion in 'General' started by njracer, Jul 17, 2012.

1. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Since we have the BAD Brad thread, I was just wondering who has been DQ'd and why?

Time to come clean!:D

So....I'll go 1st.

I was DQ'd from LWSS at Pocono in the mid 90's for a half RC30 fairing upper on my Hawk. I knew it was illegal but at the time, just about everything I was racing at the time had one so I said, fuck it and I got caught. What really killed me was being DQ'd from 3rd place in a race with 3 bikes!:crackup: Not to mention, the guy who won the race was on a CBR400rr and I believe at the time, that bike was not legal for LWSS (not a production bike sold in the US).

FWIW, that was the only time I've ever been DQ'd from a race.

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I was DQ'd from a race win in the Aprilia Cup about 6 years ago for weaving to the checkers to break the draft. I argued that they did it in AMA, but that didn't hold up. My first expert win, taken away!

3. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

slicks in SS - didnt know wasn't allowed. bout 2 months ago.

4. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

:up: perfect thread.

5. metalkid88

metalkid88 Well-Known Member

dq'd for jumping the start and never saw the meatball and kept racing

6. hayes131

hayes131 Well-Known Member

I installed a bad-ass shiny crank in 600 and was DQ'd from the Daytona 200...
    Then I jumped a start and was placed incorrectly on the re-grid. Gave that trophy back too... Road Atlanta on a Superbike...

7. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

Lol cheatin like a BOSS :crackup:

8. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

yea, and I bet that one still stings a bit.. but good things come to good people.. :cool:

I got docked a lap for not coming in for a jump start. 1st jump start infraction in over 5 years. Personally didn't think it was a jump start, everyone else just sucked getting a start. Bummer was it was a final round of a SE series, and I lost the overall championship by 7 points.. that race cost me.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  9. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Me too...felt really stupid later.

10. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

:bow:

I think you just won this thread.

11. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

+1

Ride safe,
    AAron

12. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

after a race at grattan sublet gave me the option of paying a fine or taking a dq......for taking my warm up lap too late. had back to back races. went out and roger was at pit out doing some type of wave. i thought he was saying "hurry up sucka!" he certainly didn't do the universal sign for STOP showing me a flat or two flat hands.

istead he was saying....with his creative waves...."come here and stop on either side of me" or so he says :Poke:

although i finished on the podium, i politely told jim that i spent all my money already :)

13. Chip

Chip Registered

Chaz said he put that crank in....:Poke:

14. scott65

scott65 Well-Known Member

Same here, but it was Chip's fault .....:rolleyes:

15. Chip

Chip Registered

:crackup:

16. scott65

scott65 Well-Known Member

Timing is everything !!

17. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

18. tracaddict

tracaddict Well-Known Member

I got dq'd once after practice for a cheater motor.

19. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Somebody should start a thread about it :D

20. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Epic!!!!

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

Ride safe,
    AAron