1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who has been DQ'd from a race or a race weekend?

Discussion in 'General' started by njracer, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

Quick get the tar and feathers:crackup:

2. jiggy

jiggy Active Member

Awesomesauce. :crackup:

3. hayes131

hayes131 Well-Known Member

That's what I was going for. I'm just freaking greedy and want to win EVERYTHING!!!

4. 27

27 Well-Known Member

DQ'd for using an R7 front fork and triple assembly on the ill handling 99 R1. It was within the rules, you couldn't use bigger bike forks on smaller bikes back then but the rule book said nothing about using 600 or 750 forks on a 1000. Which would not have been an advantage unless you were using R7 forks which were Ohlins street and track, and only $1500 for the entire set up from Yamaha. Sublet overruled and DQ'd me after Quentin Mise protested me at Putnam and cost me about $1k in 2nd place contingency IIRRC Glen Zarek won I believe. It was the increased rake that helped more than the forks, should have used offset races like every other bike at the time...

They could have at least named the new rule after me or something....lol. Yamaha also made it so that you couldn't earn contingency in R1 races while riding the R6 after that year too. The R6 was way better than the R1 at many tracks......

Good racing, lots of fun chasing Yamaha money back in the day.

5. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

6. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

this thread got good, 2x

7. jiggy

jiggy Active Member

Can we combine the two threads?

8. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

:crackup:

Kick ass and take names!

9. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Josh, ask your wife about being scared of babies. A few of us were talking Saturday eve at Mid Ohio, JU was playing with our 3 month old little boy and she kept staring at him so I chased her around the parking lot with him... She said she was scared holding one would curse her into motherhood or something :) You guys are great people, congrats on all of your successes you deserve them.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  10. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

I tell my wife the same thing. Dont touch them. They are contagious.

I think Brad might give Josh a run for his money in this thread.

11. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Not me personally, but back in 1996 a bunch of LRRS racers in the Production Twins class got together and took it upon themselves to run rain tires in the wet at Bridgehampton. Rain tires weren't legal for the class. Unfortunately, they didn't bring FOG (Fast Old Guy) into their gentleman's agreement, so at the end of the race, he protested. His 10th place finish turned into a win after the dust settled.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  12. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

hahahahahah

13. vrc

vrc Well-Known Member

greg, it was 9 points.. you are off by 2:)

14. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I raced every Bridge weekend in '96 and don't remember that....but then again, if it was on Sunday, I might have been passed out in my tent after too many margarita's on Saturday night.:D

15. Johnny B

How the hell could you do that? Racing didn't start until 3 on Sunday!
    I was only working the Bridge for two years, so if it wasn't 1996, it was in 1997.

16. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I raced every Bridge from 95 until they closed but I did miss the very last weekend due to racing at Pocono.

As for sleeping until 3......shit used to get crazy on Saturday nights back in the day.:crackup:

17. SupermotoFan

SupermotoFan deep Clothing Company

To Hayes 131:

YOU installed a shiny crank? Or someone on your team did (and then with, or without your knowledge)?

And I remember pictures of that crank. It was effin shiny!

18. Ed Sorbo

Ed Sorbo Well-Known Member

At Fontana in ‘02 or ‘03 I broke a piston in the AMA 250 race. Coasted into the cold pits. Put my transponder on Andy Edwards back up TZ and went out and finished the race. They DQ’ed me for a number of rule infractions but said nothing about stealing Andy’s bike.

19. Johnny B

I suppose with all the craziness that was going on, something minor like most of the bikes in a class being DQ'd would prolly not attract much attention. Did you stay at the event where Saturday was fogged out so the booze, barbeque and belly dancer debauchery commenced at about 3 in the afternoon? Do you remember the blender wars?

20. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

dang it.. !!! fish tale, going in reverse. I was 5'8" yesterday, today i'm 5'9" too..

;)