1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA Vintage 2006

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Yamaha Fan, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Yeah I know, the heathen.

I'd like to think the whole liquid cooled thing scared him off.

2. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

That and once I found out it only had one shock it was over:D

3. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

Please oh please oh please please... :D :up:

-HJK

4. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Never really showed me your asscrack, (or was that what the smile at the start was? ;)) you did show me the finish line but it was not by enough of margin to have exposed your asscrack. Remember it was you that defined your bike as underpowered and overweight, sorry you seem to be unhappy with your choice of mount, you do know you can race your way to the top right, nowhere in the rules does it include a section for a politicking championship :Poke:

A review of your finishes this year seems to indicate that your not at a disadvantage, not sure how you finished the latest Nelson round but knowing your reputation I would bet your the first racer pointed out if F-500 at 115 points.....

Last edited: Aug 23, 2005
  5. lizard84

Who's "politicking" who

Nice bait attempt Bob, Yes you are fully correct, I, while overjoyed with my mount do know when compared with your splendid RD is both underpowered and overweight, On paper, it is better in every way to my beloved GS, those advantages thankfully fade away once we both swing a leg over our beasts and take to the track, We have enjoy some great racing together the last 2 years that has left smiles on both our faces, win or lose. Looking forward to more of the same for many years to come.
    :beer:

6. Yamaha Fan

Sorry Bob but I can't resist ;).. when it comes to "baiting" your the Master :Poke:

I have let this stray a bit to far.. back on topic...

F-500 seems to be just about right and I know there are quite a few more participants for next year... no need to change it....

I take it your in agreement with my V-3 disc brake proposal? (max disc diameter to be defined)

Honda 400/4 admitted?(what limits should be imposed if any on this bike, you know the 400/4 as good as anyone.. displacement should be limited for sure, what else?

RD-350 "super stock" (specs still need to be defined)?

7. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Joe reminded me...did we ever get an official ruling on the V7MW legality of the 600-motored FZR400 chassis?

8. Yamaha Fan

Seems like you should make this one of the direct questions to the top authority.

9. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Oh ya...will do!

10. lizard84

You mean V2 for the disc, correct? limit to to 2 piston type, and I'm in full agreement.

Limit the 400f to 458cc, those are the pistons you can still buy and the compression is only like 10.5 to 1, allow CR carbs, limit size to 26mm ( the CR's on the bike I rode last year are 29mm)

RD350's I'd allow the PVL as it more of a safety deal then any other, allow DG pipes, aftermarket reeds, stock carbs and blocks, no metal removal, any more then that motor wise and you go down the rocky road that mucked up FRD.

11. Dave164

Dave164 Well-Known Member

I knew it was a cheater bike, typical :D

Please drop the one event for each region for the national. This is not fair to people who live at the far edge of a region, Tommy D springs to mind or any one who lives anywhere but the center.

12. Yamaha Fan

Yea I meant V-2, thanks...

Of course standard early style disc caliper, twin opposed piston for V-2 spec, since it is a single disc class limit it to the standard larger XS size disc, 11" or 11.5 I think...

You're the man on the Honda 400 spec....

As for the RD's, I think the electronic ignition is a must and DG only pipes would certainly restrict performance, they are commonly available and they are also cheap!

Stock carb bore size, allow the air jet installation/modification, it makes them easier to carburate but does not enhance performance? stock UNMODIFIED reed cages after market petals, allow RZ carb boots, they are available and the stockers are not.

Agreed on the metal removal.

Stock wheels and don't allow the spoked wheel swap on 400's? makes them a bit heavier and helps level the playing field with the 350...

The V-2 wheel spec should be updated to the F-500 spec as far as mags go and all bikes should be eligible in both F-500 and V-2 (this may have already been done in F-500)

Balance of the rules would be V-2 spec

:up:

13. triumphman

triumphman Well-Known Member

It's not a yamaha ,it can take those big slugs and it likes it.:)

14. triumphman

triumphman Well-Known Member

:) :) :) :beer:

15. Fireball

Fireball Well-Known Member

V5 Needs help.

This should be the place for old AMA style Superbikes. The kind that made production based racing famous.
    What is in the class now is more like Clubman. Most of the bikes in that class are legal for other classes and allmost none of them what V5 was started as.
    When someone new looks at a Vintage and sees what is running it must be discouraging. They think that the only part of the bike that is beeing used is the frame and engine cases. It looks like you must get some new upside down forks, light wheels big rotors, a single shock, water-cooling, clipons, a race fairing and seat and how do I get a six speed into those cases. Not exactly the air-cooled, twin shock stock bodied bike with handlebars he still has sitting in the corner of his garage.
    V5 has the biggest horse power to weight gap of any class. Example a TZ 500 at about 150 hp and 250 lb's. and a GPZ 550 at 60 hp and 440 lb'
    There should be a class for real Superbikes, not just another Clubman class.

16. Yamaha Fan

Good points, not sure what to do about it, there have been a couple real "superbikes" show up on a VERY sporadic basis, some of the bikes you speak of are actually "bump ups" maybe it should V-5 should have some level of restriction placed on components, the notable one would be to eliminate USD front ends, no one is currently running one that I am aware of. problem is that V-5 falls into the transition period of years that MFG's were coming out with single shock suspensions etc. No one is dominating the class right now with the possible exception of Kith on his EX based bike. I don't think the "stock fender, no clip on / headlight bucket restriction would be a positive move. How well attended is that restricted class in AHRMA?

Next year there are supposed to be a couple of 1000cc superbikes that have been built to compete, lets see how they do. Single shock GPZ 550's yes but I think twin shock GPZ's are eligible for V-4

17. lizard84

I, like Sam (Fireball) would like to see more real late 70's/early 80's style superbikes. With everything that has been dumped in V5 over the years its anything but a pre 83 class it should be, but like I posted before, not sure how to fix it. You could throw the ex's, hawks & RZ's out but that really wouldn't be a fair shake to those bikes, having been legal for years.

I have a suggestion, it could be a way to cure the problem, or maybe not, tell me what you think.

Split V5 into lightweight/heavyweight. Run it at the same time, ex's, RZ's hawks TZ's would be scored as LW, KZ1000's GS1000's H2's would be HW. The LW bikes would still bump up to V6LW or run F2S for their 2nd class

It could be the push the big superbikes need to start growing again.

Thoughts?

Sam has some very cool bikes, My fav is a killer Twin shock Kaw550 I'm dieing to get my hands on, could do some real damage in the V4 class.:cool:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2005

#156 Well-Known Member

I don't care what class i race ! I just want to race the best competition in whatever class i'am allowed. I miss you bob and tim from v-4 !!!!!!!!!

19. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

V5 has been a little of a disapointment this year with the exception of two good grids at RRR and one at Barber. This is my 6th year racing and I cann see the ebbs and tides of differnt classes, both modern and vintage. V5 was the biggest class a year or two ago. It all depends on who comes out to play. I defer being the V5 guy/bike when actually it is Joe on his 350. Bowies bike is fast and so is Waynes 550, not to mention the dammed TZ500:) I'll stick with the EX cause its afforadble and I'm just racing with friends for fun. I'm with Wayne, I just want a class that I can be competitive in with good close racing, no matter the class I'm eligible in..vintage or modern. Next year I might just run bump up races at my fav tracks to see how I do. V6 LWt and V5 for next year. I do believe that the GNF will be a barn burner !!

20. wera #3

wera #3 Well-Known Member

my suggestion for 2006......

low grid turn out was the result of a saturated race schedual.
    i counted at least 20 races to choose from.

i suggest a simple GP style schedual. we currently race at 12 tracks.
    why not visit each track once a year. this gives every rider 12 shots at national points.
    as far as regional championships are concerned...
    have 4 regions

1. south.....Jennings, Road A, and Roebling
    2. central...Barber,Taladaga , Nash
    3. east.......Kershaw , Summit, VIR
    4. north....Gratten, Nelson, BeaverRun

the vintage only opener is a wild card race and counts for all regions and national

that gives each region a 4 race championship
    national still remains best 6.

the schedual could be something like this.

feb/march .....Jennings(opener) and Roebling
    april..................Taladaga
    may..................Jennings / VIR
    june.................Gratten / Barber
    july...................Nelson / Road A
    august..............Beaver Run / Kershaw
    sept.................Nash / Summit

i dont know about yall but id rather show up at a track and get to race with a bunch of my friends rather than suffer the embarresment of a combined 3 race grid of 4 bikes.

what do yall think?

Dick Gruhn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.