1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA Vintage 2006

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Yamaha Fan, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

What I said in the next breath was to cut the events held the same day;)

Cutting a few back to backs and same day event where possible would not greatly effect the overall number of events.

The format I suggest would still have plenty of regional event per region, the difference would be that 3 of those in each region would also be a National round of the Vintage Championship chase.

Don't want to vie for a National Championship, no problem, you would still be able to go for regionals in 2 different regions just as you do now.

But anyone seeking the big # 1 plate would have to have a National result to count from each region, most guy already race 2 regions already without undue travel, so thay would have to travel to 2 extra races out of area only as long as the didn't break or crash in those event and got a good result.

What if they did crash or break you say? such is the nature of a championship run, is it not?? if so then an extra trip would be in order.

If The NC region and Mid Atlantic region both had 5 or so races in 2006, 3 of those in each region also being a National, how in the hell is that going to reduce you racing chances????

As I also stated before, since the NC is the lost region of sorts these last few years, I'd shy away from naming Grattan or the AutoBaun as a Vintage National track, too far from the center of all thing Wera. Events like the Vintage opener however are specal and should be National, I haven't been able to make one yet but that will change and look forward to it.

The Sky isn't falling David. No worrys Mon...

Bob:beer:

2. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

3. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

4. triumphman

triumphman Well-Known Member

5. Dave164

Dave164 Well-Known Member

Ok Bob, (lizard)
    By back to back I thought you meant events close together.

As far as the rest goes I believe my idea is better than yours at increasing participation without putting people of. I do not see any need to alter the schedule in future years that wera has come up with for this year.

What I am saying is count eight towards the national not six. With only five races or so in each region people will travel outside that region. I do have personal interest in this but I am also thinking of others.
    The guy I have been talking to about his CB350 in GP350 for example. I have persuaded him to start with wera next year because of more venues.
    There are others and this is not BS but truth. Again I will reiterate that the reason I joined wera was because of the number of events available. You want to attract new people to vintage then think of them.
    What about the guys who are waiting eagerly to join the vintage ranks with there F3's, fzrs and such. They would be more encouraged if it was the same as the sportsman rounds, old friends and such.

We have seen increases in those classes this year. Tell them that "I am sorry guys but next year we are cutting the number of races available but do not worry, you will see your old buds once a month"
    This is my thought and I would hope the thoughts of many others who think there is nothing wrong with the number of events. I want to see this grow as much as anyone and have tried putting the positive aspects of vintage to a lot of people.

And Bob I will be at the GNF with my RZ, I will be hoping for a win, perhaps Joe, Mark, Tommy, Jeff, Scott, Bob and Dick will not turn up and give it to me on a plate. Sorry if I missed anyone. :D

Bob, I will shoot the BS with you on anything and feel that I get on with everyone I have come across in Vintage but this idea is something that I feel very passionate about. Wind me up about anything else, dick size, hair length, foot size, fat guy on small bike or even that I am a limey, pom or a redcoat but not this. :D

Dave

6. Dave164

Dave164 Well-Known Member

7. wera #3

wera #3 Well-Known Member

its a shame we dont run putnam anymore.....good track, nice layout, centrally located. always had a good turn out. the north and south came together there.
    but Nelson.....dear god......unless its changed which i hope it has, its a turkish prison..whats the latest status on it? i havent been there in 4 years
    dg

8. charles

charles The Transporter

"it's a turkish prison" huh? Now I know where you spent your misguided youth...

9. Fireball

Fireball Well-Known Member

Nelson is much improved. The track and facalities are the best that they have been in the 33 years I have been going there.

10. WERA854

WERA854 Well-Known Member

11. NYCNorton

NYCNorton Holmeslice

I went to Nelson last month reluctantly merely because I needed a racing fix. I was pleasantly surprised! That track ruled. Sure there's some patching going on, but the layout is wonderfully fast and my old Norton had no problems with the surface. The facilities were better than some other tracks I've been to that are in "regular" rotation.

Kenny Cummings
    NYC
    www.nycnorton.com/racer.htm

12. racertex

racertex vintage dude

nelson ledges.......hmmm........

well this could and should be a consideration for a vintage cycle jam location if summit isn't available. i'll post this thread with a link to the uscra sites to see if there isn't any interest.

if this is viable, and with the history of the nelson track, i wonder if we shouldn't have an vintage endurance race along with the two days of sprints?!?!?!?

thoughts?

tex

13. push rod

push rod Well-Known Member

jam

If you're planning a cycle jam, you should choose the venue based on the track with the highest historic attendance.

Years ago it was run at Pocono...has that track ever made the safety changes that Wera required?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just stopping to say hey - I'll read through all the new pages and answer the questions next week at some point.

psuh-rod - there was more to it than that but best I can tell Pocono has gotten worse bump wise and and I know it's much worse control wise, I don't foresee us running races there til Joey is in full and complete power. The location is great but that's about it. Summit is a much more viable option which I really will explore further as soon as I can find the time to do so.

15. racertex

racertex vintage dude

ran pocono a lot last year with a track day org. as their mechanic. i found the east course to be bumpy and boring. the north course is a good surface and nice layout, however the car clubs seem to have a lock on that track. we were only able to rent it once a year. i never enjoyed the fusa layout wich uses portions of the above two.

another problem is that you can't camp there. the track manager wants everyone out after six o'clock, no nonsense.

also there doesn't seem to be a hospital close enough with a trauma unit. so any bad incidents (say where the rider is non-responsive) the fly in a medivac. with the track day org. we had a rider go down, ring his bell to where he was "non-responsive", and he was flown to the hospital for a broken finger. let's just say that was one expensive finger. there is also a few areas that need air fence. unless that track day org. is willing to loan out their fence like they did last year at summit, but not this year.... :(
    that would be a concern. the track day org. stores four sections at the track.

my thoughts,

tex

16. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

17. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Re: Re: WERA Vintage 2006

18. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

i believe a a true V2 bike would would hold the advantage over the 400 . a built r5 or 450 honda would be a faster ride. im sure my yam 360 will have hp on one.

19. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

I agree, other than the period restrictions I think it is a good fit and it would provide a great low cost starter bike.

20. racertex

racertex vintage dude

yammy fan,

you wrote: The other example I am aware is the DS7 in 350 GP. If someone were to show up with a well ridden FULLY built DS7, I think it would be the class bully.

only if dave roper is at the iom. my number one has been a number two all year. lol!

tex

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.