1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V1-V3, 350, 500 bike? Anyone selling?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mike Kelly, Feb 17, 2010.

1. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Considering all the 2 strokes would only be seeing the back of it as it pulls away, who cares how ugly it is.
    So if Charles is speechless, does that mean he seized up again?

Ken

2. knuklehed Eddie

knuklehed Eddie just a guy who likes pie

leave it there...

let the diesel pimps have at it, ding a ling ! don't u have enuff smokers to deal with ? besides, there's a pile of these still to come ... r u gonna help me with my T500 this year ?

3. racertex

racertex vintage dude

yo mike!

when you say that you are looking for a CB750F, do you mean a SOHC or a DOHC?

if you want the SOHC, i just happen to have one for sale.....and i live accross the river from you in philly. to see the bike, you don't even have to come across, as it is up at my buddy's shop in hamilton twp, nj......

www.cycleicons.com

or you could just shoot me an email at: [email protected]

i'd also be interested in that RD seller's email, etc......

cheers,

tex

p.s. - ken's right, i can be bought for beer and donuts....i gotta raise my prices!

4. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

Against me and my V2 machines, maybe, but the current F-500 and V3 champs two stroke would wipe that ugly turd off the track.

Charles may have seized, but speechless, NEVER!

5. ringdingding

Hey, I dont want it but if my friend Kevin finds out about it, well he is probably already on the way to get it.

Being called a ding-a-ling by a knucklehead is kinda redundant, dont you think?

6. charles

charles The Transporter

An "ugly turd"!!! hahahaha.. Very good, very good if i must say so...a bold, but well deserved description!

Well, Mike's change of heart left me in a temporary state of aghast...visions of a lonely and unprepared RD were shocking, simply shocking....now, against all common sense and human dignity, we have the unsubstantiated claim that some vague "ugle turd" would eat Mr. Hinshaw's Kawi triple for lunch!

Fellas, I know this is the Internet and all, but let us not abandon common sense and millions of years of evolution, perhaps hundreds of millions if we are related to single cell amoebas and such!!! In a master stroke of cosmic awareness and vision, the mighty 2-Stroke was created, and that, gentlemen, is a genuine scientific factoid known in all galaxies.

We have no fear except fear itself,
    in the form of Kawasaki Triples.

7. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Well-Known Member

The one thing I had a harsh reminder of looking at the RD was to actually go look at the bike. Its not like looking at a two year old bike where you have a fighting chance that it isn't too horrendous. The pictures online always look better than the bike actually looks. I'll do some reading on the XS. Thanks for posting it :beer:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  8. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

You know who the current V-4 National champ is right? And what he was riding?

XS650...

Hey? Kenny Roberts liked 'em...

[​IMG]

For your edification: http://www.650motorcycles.com/StreetTracker1.html

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  9. ringdingding

Maybe, but there are no two-strokes in V4 anymore. They split over ten years ago and Formula Two-Stroke was born. Yeah see, the two-strokes where too much for the diesels in V4.

10. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

Bring em on Rain or shine

11. ringdingding

sounds like you ride a 500

12. charles

charles The Transporter

We hear ya...but...can you corner low?

13. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

Really....like to put a small wager on that? I know I would - easy money. :moon:

14. hinshaw929

I wish we could - 750 vs 750. ;)

15. hinshaw929

What did he ride for his demo laps at Indy? :)

16. charles

charles The Transporter

17. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

(...for one lap...Even Charles' crap might hold together one lap...)

18. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Hey....didnt Chum say something awhile back about it'll all come back to Kenny Roberts and Jims triples.....something like that....???:rolleyes:

19. charles

charles The Transporter

Oh, wise guy, huh? You'll be sorry now, I'm tellin' Kenny that you're laughing at him and he'll send Chuck Norris over to clean house.

What's wrong, now, with Jim's triples ???

Is that one too many cylinders for you four-stroke floggers?

20. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

No sir...nothing "wrong" with Jims triples, or KR....I was merely making an observation that someone previously said the 2 stroke side of the conversation always wound up there....and by golly, here we are :D ....I'm on the sidelines here....just enjoying the entertainment :up:

And BTW....I was there for that lap at Indy, and I gotta admit, that thing just sounded nasty!!!!