1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Lets hope not.

Like when my kid says "I'll pay for it" Its really just my own money coming back to me.

:)

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Have you noticed that every time you try to discuss the efficacy of a wall
    the lefties immediately veer into the "but I thought Mexico was going to pay for it?" line?
    They've been taught to deflect so well that I doubt they can even see that they always avoid actually discussing the issue.
    No matter what the subject, they have been taught a party-line response to avoid any substantive discussion.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

But he did say Mexico was going to pay for it. He also said American taxpayers would not pay for it.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  4. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

He said it dozens of times.

5. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

What substantive discussion would you like to have on the topic that you're currently missing?

6. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Wait - so you're saying that someone who appears to be an idiot, has lived his life being an idiot, and continues to do idiotic things may not be playing 4D chess and may in fact be an idiot?

Color me shocked.

Must be my TDS acting up again from all this winning :crackup:

R1Racer99 and code3ryder like this.
  7. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Good shit. If a shutdown does come, it'll be good to know that Trump should be fired.

I mean, these are his words, right?

In a September 2013 Fox & Friends phone interview, Trump blasted Obama for failing to "get everybody in a room."
    "If you say who gets fired, it always has to be the top. Problems start from the top, and they have to get solved from the top, and the president’s the leader, and he’s got to get everybody in a room, and he’s got to lead. And he doesn’t do that, he doesn’t like doing that, that’s not his strength."
    Trump also said that further down in history "when they talk about the government shutdown, they’re going to be talking about the president of the United States, who the president was at that time. They’re not going to be talking about who was the head of the House, the head the Senate, who’s running things in Washington. So I really think the pressure is on the president."

Oh wait, he did get "everyone" in a room and then threw a temper tantrum and vowed to shut the government down and was 100% fine with owning it.

8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I get a kick out of people acting like shutting down the government is a bad thing. Shut it down, we'll be better off.

sheepofblue, Fencer and brex like this.
  9. code3ryder

Ya, the workers should suffer because our leadership can't get their shit together. Pres, House, Senate for 2 years and you can't get this shit done? As someone that was in the military during a shutdown I can say, no thanks.

10. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Exactly. Shut it down for good. If anyone realized how bloated and unnecessary most agencies are, they'd be totally OK with most of it being shut down.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

They didn't want to risk missing a paycheck? Should have pursued a more secure career path.

Boo fucking hoo.

12. code3ryder

Must suck to have such a cold heart. What career path is 100% immune to missing a paycheck?

Will suck when national parks and the like are closed over the holidays and people's travel plans are crushed but boo fuckin hoo, right?

Also way to deflect this shitshow onto the employees instead of the employers

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Must suck to have such an empty head. So "government lackey" should be exempted from downsizing/obsolescence?

Will suck when the snowflakes stop pissing and moaning, we'll have no one to point and laugh at anymore.

Newsflash, Corky. Employees are pawns. It's a universal fucking truth.

14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The federal government is least three times the size it should be and any "non essential" positions should be cut completely anyway.

15. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Has there been a shutdown yet where furloughed employees haven't ultimately gotten back pay for that period? If so... don't have them stay home, show up and work anyways.

16. In Your Corner

Exactly.

17. In Your Corner

Very good, you jumped from one lackey storyline to another ( cut and pasted from Politifact here), but you still can't see that you've just been trained to avoid discussion. You just want to take a swipe at Trump.

Next time you should read down to the bottom.

screenshot-www.politifact.com-2018.12.19-01-23-44.png

18. code3ryder

19. code3ryder

I completely agree with this but it needs to be done properly. Again, who's at fault, the employees or the employers? I can tell you that at my company we had too many people and we had layoffs. It wasn't the employees that decided layoffs needed to happen to keep the company solvent, it was the people in charge.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

What is properly (aside from being a pure fantasy)?