1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There were two senators who said on the first day that they didn't remember. A few days later, they remembered that he did not say that.

2. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

He couldn’t have mentioned Asia, they have Muslim nations.

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The important thing is we have just found out that the negotiations were going well and Dick Durbin had no complaints until after a meeting with his own people after which he came out with the shithole story.

4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

What I do not understand is why anyone is getting pissed off even if he did call some countries shitholes. Newsflash! There are areas of the world that are shitholes. Haiti is one of those places. The country I worked in in Africa. Yep, you guessed it. Shithole. Like teenagers with no shoes and machine guns at the airport, gotta bribe the airport official to get your passport back people living in shacks made out of whatever they can find with no doors or windows shithole. So am I a racist too?

IMO, the bigger problem is we have a politician of questionable ethics running to the press like a little bitch and talking about things that he claims were said in a private meeting. You want to talk about sabotaging future negotiations? Jesus politicians can be dumb at times...

5. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

It was a direct response to your comment about never hearing him say anything about folks here legally. The comments attributed to him from Thursday, referencing Haiti, El Salvador, and African nations (here via TSP or lottery) were exactly that. Your attention to detail, while chiming in with absolute resolve about stuff is what is funny. Like claiming the judge's ethnicity simply didn't matter, even though that's exactly the basis Trump used to discredit him. Sad, indeed.

6. In Your Corner

They needed a reason to scuttle the whole deal to demonize Trump yet again.
    As with their total abstention from the tax cut bill, they are fine with hurting their constituents if it casts Trump in a bad light.
    You can expect this to be their MO leading up to the midterm elections.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Trump would have used anything on the judge. Come on now, that's the kind of shit he is.

On the rest - I am sorry, I misspoke. I was referring to the criminal comment. But you're correct, I now see how Trump is a horrible racist scumbag who should be shot because he disparaged Haiti, El Salvador, and some African nations. Please forgive me.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It has worked really well at getting the media to ignore the Dems trying to hold the budget hostage over DACA - although it's gotten to the point even some of the serious Trump haters are catching on to this stuff.

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

We could argue and go back and forth, did he say it. Did he not say it. But I think the real critical issue is to not let anymore people in from those countries. :D

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

On this issue I agree. Apparently the Democrats, and some others, feel that, as President, Trump is not allowed to speak with emotion like everyone else does. Some countries are shitholes so he's right on the mark if he did indeed say what's being reported by some. This whole thing is nothing more than a fricking dog and pony show. Political posturing at it's best and ugliest. I tend to agree with a few of the people that I've heard over the past couple of days though. They've mentioned that the President's called meeting a few days ago turned out well and made him look like he's really trying to get everyone to come together and was willing to work out the differences. The Democrats saw that the meeting was a positive appearance for Trump so now they have to drag up something, anything, to make him look bad. So far, some of the Democrats have shown zero willingness to work with Trump on anything.

11. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

On the other hand, if the people of a country have the truth thrown into their face often enough, maybe they'll make more of an effort to force changes in their own homeland. And no, it's not easy to do that but, on the other hand, it's not the fault of we people in the US that they continue to live in shitholes.

12. samizx7

samizx7 Well-Known Member

Okay. So with trump words they going to wake up. I am sure if their homeland is shithole they knew it. Anyway the agreement some have with trump speak louder of this country . I would hate to have trump as my representative in the world ( I know he is).

13. In Your Corner

14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

15. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Did the public speech itself reflect what the first draft said? What I remember of the speech was that Trump simply named countries, not religion, as being the basis of his decision. Which was it, draft or speech? If some speech writer stated it as "Muslims" how do we know that Trump himself didn't change the wording when he didn't agree with it?

16. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Ya know, after reading the article, I will have to agree, for the most part, with the way Trump acts. Yeah, I know, I had rather have him act publicly like Reagan used to do, but, alas, that was indeed another culture at another time. Maybe I would be mentally healthier if I embraced Trump instead of wishing him to be a kinder, gentler person. :)

17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I like it. Trump would do well if he ordered the total expulsion of CNN from any press invited events. Those CNN people act like they have only one endeavor which is to rake Trump over the coals at any, and every, chance. Hell, even the New York Times will do a semi positive story on conservatives occasionally. CNN is batting zero, for the most part, on conservative positive stories.

18. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

For me, all that I can hope for is that Trump's actions will encourage incoming politicians that it's ok to be a bit of a maverick. Maybe he's starting a positive trend which doesn't mean that politicians have to be crude in their manner of speech but maybe it will encourage them to be more outspoken and forceful in a positive way. ;)

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Meh...Trump knows that no matter what he says, most of the media is not going to report favorably. I like the fact that he has effectively outed their bias.

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Thank God for us all that you don’t have to bear this burden.