1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.wash...hecking-media-yes-clinton-machine-did-start-/

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

First, I'm not sure exactly when every stature was erected. I know in my home town the civil war statue was erected around 1920. Of course it was a northern statue so that makes it OK.....In any case most of these type of memorials take quite a while, the Washington monument was 1860ish. Should we remove Grant's tomb? After all his wife owned 4 slaves for quite some time. My point is, If you want to pick these people apart you will find a reason to tear everyone of them down. Mount Rushmore must be in serious trouble, after all there are two slave holders there and don't forget one guy who made war on the Hispanics. :Poke:

4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I understand what you are saying about the time frame differences and I don't disagree with that. What I see is that for the people who want to tear down the monuments, when it was erected is irrelevant. If a group of Vietnamese people decided that the Vietnam War Memorial was offensive, should we tear it down? Somehow in the minds of the people that want the statues removed, removing the statues will somehow spare them mental anguish, which IMO is asinine.

The second paragraph was just continuing the conversation of the thread, nothing to do with any comments you made.

5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I disagree. I believe the goal was to cause mental anguish among those who do want the statues. I dont believe that one single tear down activist is any less full of anguish now that the statues are gone. These people are not the typed that can be satiated.

6. 600 dbl are

Then you haven't listened to the interviews these protesters have given.

7. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

Good point. If I’m miserable everyone’s gonna be miserable. Childish.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, in the context it's not that big a deal. Not even remotely. Just like saying there are good people in BLM isn't a big deal.

Couple of points - the travel ban as it was written had nothing to do with Muslims and absolutely does not even come close to a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the US, no matter what campaign rhetoric said.

So anyway, where does the travel ban stand right now? You know, after the Supreme Court, the top federal judges in the land, ruled on it?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You wouldn't stay to watch how the shit show ended? I would no matter which side I agreed with.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Mongos statement is not false and nothing you said remotely comes closing to proving your assertions at all. Banning countries doesn't ban a religion. Especially when the largest Muslim countries out there aren't even named in the ban.

You can keep repeating the lie but it still won't be true.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So what did he say that you misinterpreted because you hate him this time?

It is hilarious, no matter who is in power the lack of logic is astounding to me. Talking to some of you guys is like talking to the idiots that hated Obama because he was black and not because he sucked as a president or hated Bush or Clinton because they were the wrong party :crackup:

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The when just makes me look at the why - in the 50's a lot of statues were absolutely erected to remind the white folks to stand strong and to remind the black folks they were second class citizens. There is no doubt about that whatsoever.

The problem is the people protesting aren't even looking at the why, they're just bitching about all of it no matter what.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Do the people protesting even know the "why" from 65 years ago?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Usually no. Some do I'm sure.

15. 600 dbl are

I agree. Personally I think it's a bunch of socially awkward people who don't fit in and choose to act offended so they fit in somewhere. I choose to believe this because the alternative is we are raising a bunch of pussies and that doesn't bode well for the future of this country.

Removing a statue doesn't stop a racist asshole from being racist assholes.

History is filled with great people who did shitty things. Trying to remove those people from history because of the culture during that time is next level stupid.

16. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Welcome to next level stupid.

17. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

It's turning out that Sen Dick"face" Durbin (D) Illinois "leaked" a fabricated story. To the Times . Trump never said this Shithole stuff.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  18. 600 dbl are

:(

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Anyone backing Trump on it? So far I've only heard the two of them bitching back and forth.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

From what I am hearing, he COULD have said it, but that damn near every $h!thead in the meeting was using pretty much the same language. He also apparently mentioned Norway AND Asia with the point being qualifications based immigration not race or country based quotas.