1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Same here and I'll bet most people agree with this.

2. SpionKop

SpionKop Member

Just to let you all know-I live in Arizona and this "build the wall" mantra is nonsense. The wall already exists...in "major" areas the wall is very sophisticated and at least 25 feet tall. In more remote areas it is not as tall and sometimes consists of a row of vehicle barriers and some barbed wire fencing. This narrative of there being no wall is a total fallacy.

Only in extremely rugged terrain where there are no nearby roads and mountains is there no wall (the thought process being that nobody in their right mind would try to cross there due to access difficulties and searing heat most of the year. The answer is truly better enforcement. Building a new wall will cost MUCH more than $25b, rest assured...and it will still be extremely expensive to maintain. If you actually believe that Drumpf will get Mexico to pay for it, notice he hasn't mentioned this in a while...so don't hold your breath.

Drumpf might have inadvertently stumbled on a way to reduce illegal crossings-his tough talk and generally menacing jingoism to Latinos seems to have actually fooled them into thinking that they're not welcome or safe here.

Finally, his science envoy resigned today...not a big deal, I know, but definitely NOT another win.

848 likes this.
  3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

When liberals use the word "Drumpf" or similar it's as if I can hear the tears hitting they keyboard as they type

kangasj, G 97 and BHP41 like this.
  4. SpionKop

SpionKop Member

Such a Trumpflake, you are. That was his family name when they came here from Germany. I enjoy your fake outrage, though.

848 likes this.
  5. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Funny thing about the wall, even the border control agents have said that it's pointless in most of the country. Also how do you allow for passage of wildlife and water, there are more than a couple rivers along the border?

848 likes this.
  6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Meh...it's childish. Trump didn't change the name, one of his ancestors did. Many immigrants did when they arrived on US shores. If using it makes you feel superior, go for it.

7. Newsshooter

So is snowflake, libtards, etc.........

848, DirtTrackin221 and SpionKop like this.
  8. SpionKop

SpionKop Member

More nonsense. This was typically done on Ellis Island during processing because immigration officials were overworked and had many people to process so they took shortcuts to save time, such as "Americanizing" certain foreign sounding names. I'm simply being accurate. But I enjoy how it struck a nerve.

848 and jeffr1ey like this.
  9. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

You seem to enjoy just being a shit stirrer

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You significantly overestimate your impact. Yes, the changing of spelling was due to the immigration officials. I don't consider that fact entirely relevant in this context. Using the original name is childish on your part because, face it, Drumpf sounds goofy and you mean it to be insulting. Feel free.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You want to go for right wing nutters and a host of others employed by the left? Did you have a point?

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

And the spelling/grammar/punctuation Nazi comes out.
    Typical.
    A comma would indicate an independent clause.
    I don't think "but it isn't" is an independent clause.
    Neither is "but it does".
    A comma separates two independent clauses, or a dependent clause followed by an independent clause.
    Neither of those describes my sentence that you "corrected".

13. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Shouldn't that be spelling/grammar/punctuation neo-Nazi?

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

neo oldo who cares

15. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Hmm, as some of you have been pointing out within the last few posts, we must, from time to time, take a look at ourselves as members of a society that has the potential to become the best in the world with a sense of returning to that era. We can do it if we want to. I know, it's difficult when we're trying to swim upstream but all we can do is think of how to do it and strive for that goal. Look around you. What do you see and hear? Debate is lost in favor of simple hatred of anyone, or anything, that's different than what each of us are and we're growing far too skilled in that hatred. I look at myself with some amazement since I've developed my share of displeasure with society's situation just as much as many others. For example, I voted for Trump and yet I have developed a lot of disdain toward the man. As many of you know, I'm a pessimist, so I have my doubts about turning anything around but maybe society will prove me wrong.:(

16. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

From the third link in my post above - perhaps that's where you got your 80% number from (80% of Republicans favor it):

upload_2017-8-23_16-13-17.png

dtalbott likes this.
  17. Newsshooter

Just like you, no point, just an observation. You calling most of those on here right wing nutters? :D

848 likes this.
  18. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Orvis, you're one of the main reasons I check this thread, truth be told. I've enjoyed seeing your progression from a Trump voter to someone who's now looking at him and thinking "did I make an oopsie?" I've seen that more fervent Trump supporters have tried to keep you in line when you've expressed your doubts about him but I'm confident you're eventually going to see that he truly is incompetent, vile, and is charting a bad direction for this country.

Short of him being impeached (BTW, interesting comments coming out of Bannon's inner circle that if Trump doesn't start pushing through some of Steve-O's agenda Breitbart is going to lead the charge for impeachment - take that FWIW), I'm not sure what you realizing that will do for any of us over the next 3.5 years, but it's the little things in life that make me happy.

Cheers to you :beer:

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

BTW, I am weary of certain people on the left proclaiming an interest in secure borders is racist, hating and whatever label they choose to toss up on any given day. Immigrate legally and I don't care your race, nationality, religion, etc. Do we need a better system? Probably. Should we make immigrants give up their heritage? No. Is it too much to ask that they learn English and spend time contributing before they ask for handouts? No. Hell many immigrants from Europe had to go through the usual hazing when they arrived.

SpionKop likes this.
  20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Nah. Left wing dooshbags.