1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

On the flip side of that coin, I just read an article where some federal court judge has ordered all involved attorneys dealing with the Sheriff Joe pardon and court case to appear. She's considering not honoring the President's pardon. I think it has to do with the fact that the President can only pardon Federal Cases and the sheriff is also charged with civil issues. Interesting.

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

No, she has no ability to ignore Trump's pardon.
    She's dealing with Joe's request to throw out the conviction.

3. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Why would you pardon someone who is appealing the decision?

4. In Your Corner

What difference does it make?

5. In Your Corner

6. Newsshooter

No need to issue a pardon if he wins on appeal. Seems like that might have been the prudent course of action from a political standpoint. Trump loses nothing by waiting for the appeal to be heard.

7. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Is it an appeal, or a request to have the conviction wiped from his record now that he's been pardoned? Two different things.

8. Newsshooter

He had filed an appeal of the original decision before the pardon.

9. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

When have you known Trump to actually think an action through before acting?
    Ya gotta get real here. :D

Newsshooter likes this.
  10. In Your Corner

Just because his enemies disagree with what he did doesn't mean he didn't think it through.
    He put an end to a distasteful kangaroo court proceeding.
    No need to let it drag on.

turtlecreek likes this.
  11. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

We have become so accustom to "leaders" who don't actually lead, that when we have one, we think he is a "lose cannon". Actually, he's just making decisions.

12. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Lose cannon, I like that. Definitely more apt than winning machine.

The Great One likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay, I will mark his deal with the dems that has the repubs all sorts of pissed off as a win :crackup:

Fonda Dix and crashman like this.
  14. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

disloyal, dishonest assholes are dishonest and disloyal. Go figure.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Who's the disloyal dishonest asshole in this one?

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

He just took away the BS stage they have used for way too long. They do the same bitching and complaining every time this comes up and then end up increasing the ceiling anyway.

Hell, just impose a rule that for 20 years, every law or appropriation passed has to be accompanied by two rescinded. Couple that with a sunset rule on everything requiring that anything that is passed must be reaffirmed in 6 or 8 years. It may take a couple lifetimes, but it could help.

17. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

All of them...

Fonda Dix and Banditracer like this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So you can't form your own opinion. K.

FWIW that oped piece is ridiculous. They keep thinking Trumps "base" is republicans. It's not. Since you seem to have forgotten already, they party on the whole has hated him all along. He never once promised or even as best I can tell hinted he'd follow the party line bullshit. Now he's got both sides with their panties even more bunchy :crackup:

I did love that ABC still spun him working with the dems as being a bad thing. Had me rolling. Of course they also spent the entire newscast doing teasers about a flight that flew really close to Irma on it's way to NY, dire tones every last one of them. Finally got to the actual report on the plane and it was less than 10 seconds to say that it flew near Irma and landed safely in NY... Absolutely nothing else in the report. Acting as if the pilots or airline did something ever commercial wrong when absolutely nothing at all happened and it never should have been on the news just like the thousands of other flights where nothing happened is pure bullshit.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was hoping for that answer but knew better.

crashman likes this.